Innocell 1600mAh Battery

Last Updated:

1. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've just got my 1600 mAh battery in the mail

2010-02-05 19.52.23.jpg
    Innocell 1600mAh Slim Extended Life Battery

it fits into the nexus just perfect. there wasnt anything bad about my OEM Nexus battery. it last me a full day without the need of recharge. I'll let you guys know how long it last after 5-6 full recharges as requested on the instruction.

Advertisement
  2. RayKinStL

RayKinStL Well-Known Member

Interesting. Isn't the stock battery like 1400mAh? I dunno if that slight increase is worth $55?

3. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Well-Known Member

i just got mine today too.

i put the original battery fully charged in my wallet. spare battery wherever i go. it's so thin it doesn't add unwanted bulk to my wallet. so now i have on me at all times 3000mAh :)

4. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

+1 on changing batteries. I personally don't like my phone to be larger, and i usually can make it through a day on a full charge. the extra 200 is nice gives me a little more kick and if i forget to charge it one night BAM just switch batteries ;)

Lemme know how long it lasts. If it's long enough maybe i'll go pick one up.

5. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

I would interested too. I like having a spare battery.

6. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

Very interesting!

Please keep updating if it's worth the money :)

7. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

I'd love to know the results after the recharge cycles. I'm finding my Nexus One battery to be pretty bad to be honest. I've had my iPhone sat here with similar usage and the difference is very different. My Nexus One has dropped to 80% over night while my iPhone will only drop a few percent.
    I do, however, like the fact I could replace the battery whic I feel I will probably do as it's always good to have a backup.
    I've seen ones from China on eBay but I'm a bit worried they could damage the phone.

8. Jegor

Jegor New Member

9. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

10. inspiron41

i'm testing the battery out. I'm on the second day after a full discharge. The battery so far is hold up either as well or better than the OEM battery. I cant tell because my M-F i use my cell phone more activity. So far it looks like doing better on the weekends.

11. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues Well-Known Member

nothing scientific here, but so far the battery seems to have a bit more charge than the stock one. just a couple days so far. ill be out and about tomorrow so it will be a better gauge.

12. SonOfMan

SonOfMan Member

Well, it should have about a 14% longer lasting charge. That comes out to at the very least, an extra hour and one half of usage. For some, it could be as much as a 4or 5 hour boost.

13. inspiron41

so far for a regular work day with moderate use (txting, facebooking, web browsing, stocking trading, downloads, 2-3 quick phone calls from 9am to 6pm), the 1600 mAh battery was drained to about at 51-54%. It certainly had more power than the regular OEM battery.

14. SonOfMan

SonOfMan Member

Glad to hear that. Certainly sounds worth the money. Thank you for the update.

15. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

arent u guys with a 'spare' battery worried about the frail back cover? Whenever i open it, it feels like the little clips wont last long if i keep that up.

16. shftatsix

shftatsix Member

what do you guys think about the 2800mAh?

Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery

i think im gonna get it when it comes out, only issue i see is this: i dont see a plastic/glass cover over the camera in the replacement back. that design really bugged me on my curve.

17. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

YES! This is a big concern of mine... I wonder if Google/HTC would sell me another if I broke it, I heard about them not having "extra" batteries, pouches, etc. available.

I also feel like I'm putting it back wrong every time, but it's hard to tell.

I'm borderline-ordering a battery because I'm worried about my phone overheating and the back cover not holding up to the battery switching.

18. inspiron41

i have the protective skin over my nexus. so not worried one bit.

19. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

Correct me if Im wrong.... but that has nothing to do with the little latches or whatever that hook the back cover to the phone

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

20. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

I just received mine. It is doing well so far. Great to have a spare now.

21. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

doing well - meaning what? noticeble or not as far as battery life extension? in theory, an extra 14% can mean a couple hours...

22. Esquire1

Esquire1 Well-Known Member

I continually hit 0% at the end of the night with the original battery. With my 1600, I now hover around 30% at the end of the night. However, this may be because I'm playing with the phone a lot less than when I first got it. Further, it may be because I've tweaked the phone to be more efficient. There are a lot of variables and I can in no way give you a definitive x% increase result.

Regardless, there is a noticeable difference. I bought it to use as my main battery and my stock battery as a spare I keep in my wallet. If that's what you'll use it for, I think it's a good buy. If you're purchasing for a battery upgrade only, it's probably not the best idea.

The back cover seems frail, definitely. Further, it's difficult to remove. However, if the back cover fails, big deal. I'll buy a new one. While the cover breaking is a legitimate concern, I doubt it will fail in a week's time. Probably a few months. Well, this is considering that I don't swap out my battery daily. It's just an occasional thing. If someone swapped it out daily, I'd be more worried.

23. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Anyone in the UK have this battery? I'm desparately looking for one and would like to avoid the shipping costs to the UK if possible. I can't find a UK retailer that sells this brand and would also like to avoid cheap chinese copies.

24. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

got my seidio innocell 1600 mAh battery today! says to charge for 8hrs before use, so that's what I'll do... was gonna charge it at work over usb, but i'm already half way through the day and won't be here for 8hrs, plus usb doesn't charge as fast... so i'm going to just charge it overnight... i've been having great life with my stock nexus battery, and the first thing i did when i got it was charge it completely - until status said FULL.... so i'll keep that discpline with the Seidio, and hopefully it should provide good results! :D

25. cabinets

cabinets Well-Known Member

I have almost pulled the trigger on one as well. I think I'll wait till your review though. FWIW, I have noticed if I put mine on a charger in the middle of the day for twenty or thirty minutes, it boosts the battery beyond what I would have expected. (if that makes sense)