Instagram not working properlyGeneral

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that the instagram app isnt working properly. When I hit the brightness button its turning everything green

Advertisement
    :
  2. mach1man

3. mach1man

4. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Don't use the app...so I haven't seen this. Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the app? Clear data/cache?
  5. mach1man

Yea I've tried but no luck. I Google searched a bit and seems like an on going issue. Sucks though
  6. stp84

stp84 Member

Yeah mine does the same. Haven't figured out why. I usually do all my editing through snapseed or Pixlr then I post to Instagram so its not a huge deal for me but there is definitely an issue going on
  7. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Something tells me you didn't uninstall and reinstall the app, because they got rid of the Brightness button a couple updates ago.
  8. stp84

stp84 Member

I have version 3.5.3 which I believe is the latest update. At least the google play store is telling me I have the most up to date version. And the brightness button is still there (not sure if thats even the proper name for it, its more like a contrast button)
  9. mach1man

Yep same thing I uninstalled it and it still there. Says I have the most up to date one.
  10. stp84

stp84 Member

It has to be a interface issue with the S4. It is not the camera itself because I tried another photo that was not taken with the S4 and it does the same thing. Maybe there will be an update to fix this in the future
  11. mach1man

Hopefully soon. But I think its an issue with 4.2.2 bc my Note 2 didnt have this issue.
  12. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

Big issue. I am a big Instagram user and the "HDR" or "Brightness" button as you guys call it is one of the selling features of Instagram for me. It turns normal pictures into amazing pictures quickly.

No need for Photoshop or other computer applications.

So pissed the S4 is doing this :(
  13. mach1man

I think its just software issue. Bc the note 2 didnt do it and it had 4.1.2
  14. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

That's really weird because I'm running the latest version as well and I don't have it. I haven't had that feature for a long time now.

[​IMG]

So I didn't mean to call you or there, just basing it off what I'm seeing on my phone.
  15. mach1man

Where are you located? What carrier are you on?
    Im located in Virginia and on Verizon.
  16. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Ohio on AT&T.

What does that have to do with the Instagram app?
  17. mach1man

Well just trying to figure out how we have to different looking instagram screens but both of us have the updated version
  18. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I dunno, that's really weird. I always thought they got rid of it because so many people were having problems with it. I just uninstalled and reinstalled my Instagram app and it's still the same, no sun icon. Weird.

I use Snapseed's "Drama" filter anyway, does a better job at bringing out the detail in a photo.
  19. spin360

spin360 Well-Known Member

I've never used the Brightness or HDR buttons on Instagram, which I use frequently, so I just tried it out and I have the same issue.
  20. mach1man

Has instagram fixed this yet? Plus I hear they put out a new version with video record and I don't see that on my app. I've uninstalled and reinstalled.
  21. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I haven't tested the photo quality issue yet. However, about the update, I couldn't get the update to appear in the "My Apps" update page in the Google Play Store. I had to look up the Instagram page in the store to see the "Update" button appear. Very weird.