• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Install Android 2?

Upvote 0
You can do it....

AndroidSPIN • View topic - [ROM] {G1/MT3G 32B} Eclair 2.0.1 v1.4 - [01/01/2010]

But you don't need 2.x for voice nav, head over to xda-developers for instructions on how to get it working.

I'm running cyanogen mod ROM based on 1.6 and I've installed the voice-nav version of googlemaps and have it working in the UK long before it's officially supported.

Wow, thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for, but you're right, perhaps, I should just do what you did. I'll be using the camera on a regular basis, so until they get that sorted out I should stick with 1.6.

Would you be so kind as to link me to instructions for installing the voice-nav version of google maps?

As for basic rooting, I'm assuming that follows the same procedure as the g1, so I should just do a search for that, correct?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones