• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Install Android on N80 and Iphone

Why would Google attempt to put out a version for a competitor's product when that competitor has been known to aggressively sue people who step close to their hardware?

It's not going to happen. There won't be an Android Iphone.

That is true of Apple. They have always make the self-limiting mistake of "locking up" their designs and software. A foolish, selfish marketing mistake. I worked with Apple (not as an employee, but a supplier) for decades, and no matter how we prodded them to open up their architectures and devices, they would not. That is why the non-Apple PC still, and always will own the personal computer market.

Expect NOTHING from Apple except self-serving, closed products. How they have handled the marketing of the Ipod and IPhone are just more examples of this very limiting mentality.

Upvote 0
That's kind of awesome, but what do you DO with it?

don't say it can't be done. People were able to get Mac OS X to work on non-Apple pc's. It will be an underground thing though... a Switch your OS campaign isn't going to happen.

note: it appears that some people were able to get linux on an iphone.
YouTube - Linux on iPhone

Upvote 0
No!!

Listen, please, just because you have a phone does not mean you can put android, windows mobile or any other OS for it! Understand that it is so tightly bonded together! For example you can put windows on a printer just because it has a screen!

Ha! iDroidWiki shows you. Now please tell me how to install Windows on my printer, and linux on my toaster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones