Install new application to Galaxy SpicaSupport

Last Updated:

1. Japong

Japong New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700. Having searching the internet to find information on this phone and android, I still have one question.
    If anyone know whether the new application can be installed to the phone on its external memory (SD Card). Thank you for your answer.

PS. sorry for my poor English because it is not my native language. :D

Advertisement
  2. WizLaos

WizLaos New Member

To install apps onto your sd-card you need to mod your phone. Search for "App2sd". You should have a class6-card, but it also works with slower ones.

3. Japong

Japong New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your advise. Please give me more specific regarding the search. Is that mean to search within this forum or search all over the WWW?

Thank you again.

4. nailz

nailz Active Member

your phone must be rooted, and then search the android marketplace for the app App2sd.

5. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Not quite as simple as that. You will need to flash your phone's firmware at least twice to get your phone rooted. (Maybe just once if you are already on 2.1). You may then require further flashing updates etc, before you can use Apps2SD. And before you even use Apps2SD, you will need to re-partition and format your SD card.

My adivce for you at present, is get the phone and play around with it, as it is. There is plenty of internal storage there already. Most people install and remove loads of apps, before settling on a few core ones to use. And remember each time you delete an app, your freeing up the space again.

Also if you do need more space, you can free up internal memory by deleting unused internal apps, without needing to install Apps2SD. You will need to root your phone to delete these however.

When (and if) you do want more, update the firmware, root your phone, partition and format the SD, THEN install Apps2SD.

6. machobo

machobo New Member

Any easier way to do it? It's making me nuts!