• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

josef46

Jul 31, 2014
When I look under my application manager, I find 36 apps installed. I kinda figure a lot of this is bloatware.

I just don't have a clue as to what is necessary or not necessary. I couldn't find a thread on this though that doesn't mean there isn't one.

It sure would be helpful if I could find out what was necessary for my phone and what just got stuffed on their for advertisement.

This is my 1st ever cell phone and so far I've found the learning curve to be kinda steep.le
Allshare cast dongle
app store
barcode scanner
beaming service
cnn money
compass real
drive
drop box
fingerprint passport
galaxy apps
g mail
Google play books
Google play movies
Google play newsstand
goggle play services
Google play store
Google text to speech
group camcorder
health service
lookout
maps
mind games
mobile life family organizer
radar express
s finder
s health
samsung account
samsung billing
samsung in app purchase
.samsung link platform
samsung print services
samsung push services
scanlife
solitaire
sun moon and planets
t mobile my account
visual voicemail
weatherbug
beaming services
yahoo search
you tube
zedge

You don't say, but that looks like a Verizon supplied phone's app list. Ah, I see T-Mobile services so you are using TMobile.

I am going to just highlight the ones that I got rid of.......
The Google stuff you can turn off if you don't need them, those I will color blue.

When I look under my application manager, I find 36 apps installed. I kinda figure a lot of this is bloatware.

I just don't have a clue as to what is necessary or not necessary. I couldn't find a thread on this though that doesn't mean there isn't one.

It sure would be helpful if I could find out what was necessary for my phone and what just got stuffed on their for advertisement.

This is my 1st ever cell phone and so far I've found the learning curve to be kinda steep.le
Allshare cast dongle
app store
barcode scanner
beaming service
cnn money
compass real
drive
drop box
fingerprint passport
galaxy apps (you will see this called the App Drawer) it is the block of grids on the command line on the far right bottom.)

g mail
Google play books
Google play movies
Google play newsstand

goggle play services
Google play store
Google text to speech
group camcorder
health service
lookout
maps
mind games
mobile life family organizer
radar express

s finder
s health
samsung account
samsung billing
samsung in app purchase ??? I never use this, they are Expen$ive... turn it off.
.samsung link platform
samsung print services
samsung push services
scanlife
solitaire
sun moon and planets

t mobile my account
visual voicemail
weatherbug
beaming services
yahoo search
you tube
zedge

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones