• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

installed the new leak but still the same problem

mwhited07

Lurker
Apr 2, 2010
so i installed the v2 leak and the problem i was having before i installed it was a weak signal, i would normally have 4 bars, but only getting 1, if any in 3G after i installed the update. so after waiting i saw where the v2 was available and many people were praising it because it fixed the signal problem that some were having too. well i still have shitty signal. any clue whats up? and anyone else having the same problem?

Who was praising the new leak for fixing the signal indicator? From my understanding, a lot of people have a faulty indicator. However, more than likely, your phone is still getting a decent signal.

Go into settings-->about phone-->network - here you can see signal strength in numbers. -60 dBM is good; -100 dbM is bad. You'll see that it, in no way, matches the number of bars being displayed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones