• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installing custom rom pls help

Ca5p3r69

Dec 22, 2011
Sydney
Wen i try n install any of my custom roms on my SD it says
Installing....
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying update package
E: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

What am I doing wrong pls help..... n dis happens wif any of the roms i have downloaded n try to install

What recovery do u have installed? what model do u have? A510c? A510e? You need to make sure u have the right cwm5 recovery. Here is a link.... http://www.mediafire.com/?d58j1nkrrqa5pcm
After u download the file, place it on the root of your sd card and rename it PG76IMG.zip
hard boot the phone and once on the Hboot screen it will automatically scan the file and ask if u want to update. update it and when its all finished u need to take the battery out and the sd card out and delete the PG76IMG.zip file from the sd card or rename it. Then u can hboot, after it scans your sdcard, u can go to your recovery. Hopefully this helps. If not it might be a problem with your root not sticking?
http://www.mediafire.com/?d58j1nkrrqa5pcm

Upvote 0
Ok I got it its salsa 101 Rom slow, market doesnt work coz the sync doesn't work if my Google acc doesn't sync I cannot get my apps back like Rom toolbox n others internet isn't good like b4 I want my stock Rom back would dat fix all d things stuffed up since installing dis Rom ? I regret installing dis Rom wat do I do now ?

Upvote 0
U can try a different Rom. Find the one that works best on your phone. I would recommend the cm7 stable build. It should be fast and give u more internal space. Why are u not able to sync? I don't think its a good idea to restore your apps via your Google account, or so I've heard, but I don't backup my apps with google, so I've never had to do that. I just use the market to download all mine.

Upvote 0
Yeah but android market doesn't open unless u sign in ur Google account thats the problem n wer do I find cm7 I got a couple of roms from Google at htcwildfiresforum.com
I regret putting dis Rom oh another is wen i go into recovery everything in here is missing the list was so long now its all gone even updates n roms

Upvote 0
So if I get different kernels it could fix those problems ie. Dialler, blutooth, market

Yes, a change in kernel can fix problems. If you are running cm7, make sure u have the latest gapps and flash it after you flash the rom. The dialer bug can be fixed very easily thanks to UnknownFearNG over at xda.....

You need to have a rooted device in order to do this. Download a file manager such as ES File Explorer. Next, give it superuser permissions by going into Settings of the app and clicking Start on Root and Mount System. Accept the permissions and then go into the /system directory of the device. Next, look for the file called "build.prob" and open it with a text editor to edit it. Look through the file for the line:

# try to disable proximity sensor in call by default
#gsm.proximity.enable=false

Simply delete hashtag infront of gsm and save it and reboot the device.

Upvote 0
Yes, a change in kernel can fix problems. If you are running cm7, make sure u have the latest gapps and flash it after you flash the rom. The dialer bug can be fixed very easily thanks to UnknownFearNG over at xda.....

You need to have a rooted device in order to do this. Download a file manager such as ES File Explorer. Next, give it superuser permissions by going into Settings of the app and clicking Start on Root and Mount System. Accept the permissions and then go into the /system directory of the device. Next, look for the file called "build.prob" and open it with a text editor to edit it. Look through the file for the line:

wer do i find the system directory ?

Upvote 0

Deleting the comment symbol in front of that line did NOT fix the dialer issue on my MetroPCS CDMA phone. (A510a)

Not sure if it should fix it or notnot, but dialer is still raping my battery at 99% usage!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones