• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing New ROM

HeroKidd

Lurker
Mar 15, 2011
Hey guys i own a sprint hero and i rooted it using the universal androot, so the phone is rooted, now i have tried several times to get NANdroid to work on my phone, no luck, i have searched all over XDA and this site and no luck with help, so i was wondering can i just install a new ROM without backing up my stuff? the phone is new so it doesnt have anything i am worried about loosing on it.
My next question is, i tried to do it without backing up and my new ROM is not allowing me to finalize, it runs into the error E: No Signatures and aborts. can anyone help me??? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Simple, download Rom Manager from the market and install, once open simply flash a recovery, then boot into recovery and backup your current rom before you flash any rom incase you mess something up

Hey guys i own a sprint hero and i rooted it using the universal androot, so the phone is rooted, now i have tried several times to get NANdroid to work on my phone, no luck, i have searched all over XDA and this site and no luck with help, so i was wondering can i just install a new ROM without backing up my stuff? the phone is new so it doesnt have anything i am worried about loosing on it.
My next question is, i tried to do it without backing up and my new ROM is not allowing me to finalize, it runs into the error E: No Signatures and aborts. can anyone help me??? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Upvote 0
Great to hear and enjoy your phone again

alrighty guys, thank you so much for the help. i finally go it figured out. the problem was i had version 1.5 instead of 2.1 so it wouldnt allow me to find the ROM manager free. but all taken care of and now have a AOSP 2.3.3 cm7 installed. much thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones