• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

interesting.. (battery life related)

k-chill

Aug 4, 2010
I found this interesting. When I first got the phone last wednesday my battery life was pretty good. It would last me the whole day. Then the past 5 days or so it has been horrible. I would only get maybe 8-12 hrs of moderate use with the phone. I would lose 25% overnight while i slept. I had all my settings set to pretty much use the least amount of battery as possible during this. Strangely today, I downloaded the new facebook update first thing this morning and read that the old facebook update was draining phone batteries big time. Oddly enough, looking back, my battery started sucking the same time that I downloaded the past facebook update. Now with today's update my battery has been really good.

100% at 10:45am
96% at 12:30pm
94% at 1:45pm
93% currently (around 2:15pm)

I have used the phone a decent amount since it's full charge earlier today. downloaded updates in the market, sent out some emails, been on facebook quite a bit. messed around with some apps. and the battery has been stellar today. ever since I upgraded to the new facebook version just released today. If your battery has been shaky you may want to download the latest facebook update. I know almost all of us probably have facebook, so it is quite popular and may be the possible reason for some people's horrible battery life over the past week. just a FYI. hopefully it fixes some people's issues.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones