• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting MetroPCS stats

So I Purchased My SGS3 (CDMA) Phone Last year February and im hearing all this Speculation/rumors and seeing how my Phone is acting up the past week now what want to get straightened out is whats gonna go on with my phone,

So its gonna Roam to Sprint as TALK SMS 1X Dial-up and 4G LTE with T-Mobile even after 2015.

it would NOT render my phone useless like how NON-Digital TVs worked after a DTV upgrade..

Would MetroMobile offer any type of CDMA to GSM Headset Swap to existing CDMA Smart Phone Subscribers??

I don't think you'll be able to roam on Sprint after mid-2015 which is the final shutdown date. But they have said they'll be offering some program to migrate the few off CDMA that will be left.

Upvote 0
While I do love this phone, I'm not happy about the hard physical button in the center. When I first switched from the LG Optimus M to the Motion, I got spoiled by going from four hard physical buttons to three soft buttons. So having one hard physical button is like taking a step backwards.

Also, I'm not a fan of the quality of the speaker or its placement.

Upvote 0
While I do love this phone, I'm not happy about the hard physical button in the center. When I first switched from the LG Optimus M to the Motion, I got spoiled by going from four hard physical buttons to three soft buttons. So having one hard physical button is like taking a step backwards.

Also, I'm not a fan of the quality of the speaker or its placement.

I bought my mother one and also my girlfriend one because for the price it seems like one of the best phones metros got right now without going top tier.

Upvote 0
This early shutdown really sucks.... I thought I'd do the right thing and upgrade so I bought a Nexus 5. Come to find out the GSM coverage sucks in my usual Boston area travels, CDMA works fine with exception of subway.

So I would have happily gone to Verizon, which has great service everywhere around here but found out *after* I bought N5 that Verizon won't let them on their network, yet, maybe. LeSigh :(

I hope Boston CDMA tower shutdown means a HUGE boost in TMO GSM signal strength around here, and soon cuz I don't like having a brand new N5 sitting on my desk collecting dust

Upvote 0
This early shutdown really sucks.... I thought I'd do the right thing and upgrade so I bought a Nexus 5. Come to find out the GSM coverage sucks in my usual Boston area travels, CDMA works fine with exception of subway.

So I would have happily gone to Verizon, which has great service everywhere around here but found out *after* I bought N5 that Verizon won't let them on their network, yet, maybe. LeSigh :(

I hope Boston CDMA tower shutdown means a HUGE boost in TMO GSM signal strength around here, and soon cuz I don't like having a brand new N5 sitting on my desk collecting dust

Could use it on att gphone or aio.

Upvote 0

I heard T-Mobile recently said they will be adding more coverage to their network. The entire process is supposed to take a year or a little more.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones