• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting Tax vs Politics maps

Taxes by state: Best & Worst States to be a Taxpayer | WalletHub®

Political red/blue by state: Red states and blue states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Almost a carbon copy view of democratic states = highest taxes.

Gee, now there's a shocker... :rolleyes:

And people ask us why we want to get the **** outta New York. It'd be a great place if it wasn't for the idiots running the joint.

Edit: sorry about not including the actual articles/writeups but I thought the post would have been simply too big if I had done that.

Depending on your political views, I can understand that. A "onesizefitsall" isn't my idea of a nice place. If people want something, I think they should have to work for it rather than the government robbing everyone else so some get things free. YMMV. And I didn't say NYC, I said NY but NYC is even worse. Years ago, the city wanted to succeed from the rest of the state. They changed their mind though when they realized that the rest of the state wholeheartedly supported that effort but then people in NYC would suddenly have to start paying for themselves instead of being able to bleed the rest of the state. That changed their minds very quickly.

Upvote 0
I quite agree: those Wall Street types have been getting way too much for nothing from the government for way too long. The only industry that is still getting billions in bailouts every month through Quantative Easing.

And they get a lower effective tax rate than anyone else.

Totally outrageous.

You need to go somewhere properly socialst where people are treated fairly.

Not sure where that is, these days. Maybe Norway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones