• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal phone memory

zogirl

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Hi, I sure hope you can help me.. my problem is that the internal memory in my Galaxy y keeps getting filled up even though i don't have many apps & i clear the inbox, email & logs quite regularly :( can you pls tell me what i need to do to keep this problem under control

I don't even know how to root the phone! -_-

If I were you, I would try to read about it. You dont need to be some kind of developer, lol. Follow the tutorials. I have my Galaxy Y rooted and installed link2SD. Have around 40 apps where 10 - 15 of them are over 7 MB including 2 big games (Angry Birds + one Rpg I cant remember the name on). Have around 120 Mb internal storage left. Only downside is that Im using a 2GB Sd card, and with 500 MB worth of apps, I hardly have space for music and such. Would advise to buy a Sd card with more space.

Also, try clearing your apps cache. Search on Play Store "Clean cache". There is a ton of apps that do the work. xD

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones