• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal sd to External sd

That is going to depend A LOT on what kind of phone that you have. Some phones have a great file management system making it easy to transfer information from your phone to your SD card some phones do not.

How to Save Pictures to a Memory Card from an Android Smartphone should set you on the right path. It gives some good methods for different brands of Android phones.

Good luck Valentinejr237, If you have any questions don

Upvote 0
You can use an application such as Root Explorer (there are other apps too) to move files and folders from internal storage to your micro sd card. Keep in mind that if you have applications installed and their files are stored on internal storage, you cannot move those, but music, pics, etc can be moved with no problem.

Upvote 0
I can't find an answer for this although I know there is one here. Anyway....

My internal sd is full. There is 9/10ths of my external sd available. How do I move files and folders to the external sd.

I am a noob and rooted phone tonight using poot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
James if you looked where the question was posted you would know they were talking about a Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones