• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Boot Loop Help

iTempestx

Lurker
Apr 8, 2015
Hey can anyone help me?
1. I'm stuck in a boot loop, I'm thinking of installing a custom rom with ODIN. Will this resolve the boot loop and have the phone working properly after the custom rom is installed?
or
Will I have to install a stock rom to resolve the boot loop issue?

If so, can anyone recommend a custom rom?

:) Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Hey can anyone help me?
1. I'm stuck in a boot loop, I'm thinking of installing a custom rom with ODIN. Will this resolve the boot loop and have the phone working properly after the custom rom is installed?
or
Will I have to install a stock rom to resolve the boot loop issue?

If so, can anyone recommend a custom rom?

:) Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
Hello and welcome!
What device do you have and what carrier?
ODIN is used with Samsung devices and this is an HTC thread.
I assume you are rooted then?
Let us know what device make/model/carrier you have and we can move your post into a new thread for ya :)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome!
What device do you have and what carrier?
ODIN is used with Samsung devices and this is an HTC thread.
I assume you are rooted then?
Let us know what device make/model/carrier you have and we can move your post into a new thread for ya :)

I have a samsung galaxy note 2 and I think my carrier is optus and yes I have rooted.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Model: GT-N7105T?
Carrier: Optus?

Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I already flashed a couple of weeks ago and then the phone keep turning off for not apparent reason. One day I was playing a game as usual then the phone turned off, I tried turning it back on but then it was in a boot loop.
I'm not sure about the custom recovery though, I installed Super User or what ever.

Upvote 0
I was also wondering if I installed a new root using ODIN could that resolve the issue?

( I know about downloading the stock rom but the download is taking too long and I would just like to fix the issue as fast as possible, I tried factory resetting the phone but it comes up with an error message and continues the boot loop when I reboot the phone from the recovery menu)

Upvote 0
If you don't remember flashing a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, then you probably do not have it. You more than likely only rooted the device.
You are still rooted, so "installing a new root using ODIN" ---I'm not understanding.

You mentioned, "I already flashed a couple of weeks ago...."--- flashed what?

Have you tried booting into your stock recovery and clearing the cache?

Upvote 0
If you don't remember flashing a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, then you probably do not have it. You more than likely only rooted the device.
You are still rooted, so "installing a new root using ODIN" ---I'm not understanding.

You mentioned, "I already flashed a couple of weeks ago...."--- flashed what?

Have you tried booting into your stock recovery and clearing the cache?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I only rooted the device and would I have to install a stock rom using ODIN to fix the boot loop?
and yeah I tried but it still boot loops.

Upvote 0
Well, it's kinda sounding like it yes. Seeing as you do not have a custom recovery, and you've tried to clear cache in the stock recovery.
The last option perhaps before installing a stock rom, is to factory reset via recovery unless someone else chimes in with another option :)

Aw alright :( I would have done that before but the download just takes way too long for the stock rom.

What kind of stock rom would I need?
I have a list of the firmwares and I know what model but I'm not sure about the carrier?
I'm using sam mobiles website.

Upvote 0
Well, that would be the site I would recommend :)
I haven't looked but try to find your carrier, Optus, and the most recent firmware version.

Just for shits and grins, try a factory reset in recovery. At least you'll stay rooted. (granted you'll lose your apps, contacts etc, but worth a shot) :)

Thank you :) and I've tried but it keeps giving an error message.

When I install stock rom, will I have to unlock the phone or what ever again? if I haven't backed it up?

Upvote 0
Thank you :) and I've tried but it keeps giving an error message.

When I install stock rom, will I have to unlock the phone or what ever again? if I haven't backed it up?
Not 100% sure, sorry, as I am not familiar with unlocked devices. (assuming you mean carrier unlocked).

As it stands now, what do you have to lose ya know?
If I were in your shoes, I'd do the Sammobile firmware flash via ODIN.

Wish I had a better answer for you :( I'm a little familiar with Samsung (had a rooted S3 myself) and ODIN.

I went to Sammobile, and unless I'm missing something, I did not see your carrier, Optus, there:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-N7105T/

Reactions: iTempestx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones