• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] no SU binary installed

slippyjim

Oct 1, 2012
So I've unlocked the bootloader OK and then I followed this video - qbking77.com/development/how-to-root-the-htc-one-international-sprint-att ( I cant post the link as Im a new user) and when I open superSU I get this message - "there is no SU binary installed, and superSU cannot install it. This is a problem!"

Everything appeared to go ok with the root, so what have I done wrong?

I have hunted round these forums and seen other people with this problem but not with a HTC One.
I have also tried updating it through the play store but with no success, after the update the error message changes slightly to "there is no SU binary installed, and superSU cannot install it. This is a problem! If you just upgraded to Android 4.3, you need to manually re-root - consult the relevant forums for your device"

HTC One M7
android 4.4.2
originally on EE UK

Thanks

FIXED IT!!!!!!!!

i was using an old version of supersu - 1.25
so i downloaded v1.8 from here SuperSU Download
then went into recovery mode and flashed that
rebooted
supersu had totally gone now - no idea why....
so installed supersu from play store
opened supersu it said there was somethign wrong and did I want to reboot into cwm to fix it
it reboots
asks again if i want to fix the root
rebbots
all is ok!!! :D:D:D

now just need to remove all the crappy unwanted stock apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones