1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

[International] Stuck on Paranoid Android Logo 4.3 - Help!!

1. secreto

secreto Well-Known Member

I have been using Paranoid Android 4.3 for a week or so now and all has been good. However, today I ran out of battery and plugged my phone into the charger and it turned on, the trouble is it was stuck on the PA logo. So I followed instructions and deleted cache and deleted dalvik cache trouble is though now it is now stuck on Android is upgrading starting apps and a circle that goes round and round and nothing else?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It's half an hour later now - it should have finished updating, but it is possible that it could take a little longer.
    secreto likes this.
  3. secreto

Should I just let it do its thing then? how long does this normally take? I can't see if its actually doing anything?

Edit: Been running for 34 minutes so far ????
  4. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

This isn't going to happen. Hope you've got a Nandroid. If yes, just restore, if no reflash your ROM.
  5. secreto

**Update**

I re flash the ROM and restored apps via TBU. I know what I did wrong. As well as wiping dalvik I also wiped cache partition in advanced settings oops. Not too worry I know better now.....more haste less speed.
  6. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

NO, wiping cache and dalvik is in fact the correct thing to do when flashing new ROMs and in addition you should always wipe data and system partitions otherwise you run the risk to corrupt the new installation- the cache wipes do not touch the system partition which is where the ROM is installed. ;)
    funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I think he meant that where he went wrong was not wiping cache mate and thats what he did to fix it ;):beer:
  8. funkylogik

Off topic but when using ART, does wiping Dalvik do anything?
  9. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it will wipe the optimized apps and you will have to endure the update when you reboot
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. funkylogik

Wont be doing that unless i really have to then lol :D no matter what i flash though, even if its just a camera zip it goes through the whole thing anyway even when i havent wiped dalvik :banghead: :)
  11. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member

I think it won't as you have to choose between dalvik or ART (android runt time) both of which are cache services. So if you choose ART dalvik won't even exist, I suspect.
    funkylogik likes this.