• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Introducing myself

bobbilob

Lurker
Nov 19, 2012
Hi All:

I'm complete newbie to android although I have plenty of computer experience. Bought a 7" Tablet last Friday (Nov. 16, 2012) for the primary purpose of remotely controlling my GoPro Hero2 camera over wifi.

I installed both the official GoPro App and the independent RemoteGo app with mixed results.

The official app gives me a black screen of death while the older app gives me full control with intermittent monitoring.

I would greatly appreciate the benefit of others' experiences with these and other apps.:)

Hello Bobbilob and welcome to Android Forums!

What tablet did you end up buying? Was it a Nexus 7? Also what version of Android is the tablet running.

This may help us troubleshoot some of your issues you are seeing with your GoPro.
Thanks for the reply, here is the tablet info:
Kross Gy-M501 7" 4Gb 1.2Ghz Android 4.04 Tablet

Processor: 1.2 GHz Cortex
512MB Flash Memory
Built-in 4GB storage (Expandable up to 32 GB)
7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen Display
800 x 480 display resolution
802.11 b/g WiFi
Built-in digital camera
Built-in microphone connection
1080p playback
3.5 mm headphone jack & built-in speaker
Mini USB 2.0
TF card slot (8gb
Supports ePub and Flash
Android 4.04 OS

Baseband version 1.5

Kernel version 3.0.8+
shixb@pfd-desktop #23
Sat Sep 8 09:31:04 CST 2012

Build #
nuclear_pfdq88c-eng4.0.4 IMM76D 20120913 test-keys

Other apps that are actually working very well are Vimeo and Weather Network. I am fairly optimistic about getting this solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones