Inverted gapps

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Can someone direct me to inverted Gapps that works with Aokp 37?

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

TravP :) from the aokp thread under "mods"
    Steven58 likes this.
  3. SecondShot

SecondShot Well-Known Member

That's why I love this place...before I even added my link, you had three.
    Steven58 likes this.
  4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

We're just brown-nosing Steven, hoping for a raise... :D
    SecondShot, jmar and Steven58 like this.
  5. kevinbauman

kevinbauman Member

Sorry, if this is a dumb question. But i am seeing different threads on inverted gapps but i cant find anyithing even with a google search that tells me what inverted gapps are. So if someone could explain to me what inverted gapps are, i would appreciate it.

Thank you
  6. colchiro

They are apps that have been modded to have black backgrounds or black and white colors are swapped. :D

Here's an example of gmail:

[​IMG]

Here's Dropbox:
    [​IMG]
    GandalfTehGray likes this.
  7. kevinbauman

kevinbauman Member

Thank you for clearing this up for me
  8. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Will those linked work with current AOKP? And could i flash it over normal Gapps?
  9. colchiro

I use a combination of them (zips and apks from two different sites) on my Galaxy Nexus (AOPK b40) and on my HP Touchpad (CM9). It's always a good idea to make a recovery backup first. :D
  10. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Whats this backup business? I don't believe i have ever heard you mentions such a thing :p I don't really wanna try it right now because one of my games is a Pain in the rear to do device transfers on, and each wipe requires a new transfer :(
    colchiro likes this.
  11. colchiro

Bump! :D

These JB apps worked great for me with Codename Android rom, but I had to convert Gmail from system app to user app with TIBU. Justinbean inverted JB gapps 8/3 links up - xda-developers

Would have LOVED to have email (exchange) inverted as well, but having trouble finding one anywhere that works.
  12. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Ugh why couldn't I see this just a tad earlier when I flashed Xenon...
  13. colchiro

So? Make a backup in recovery and go at it.

I find you have to find a few of these apps in Titanium backup and make sure they aren't red (system). If they are, you can long-press them and convert to user. I had to convert Gmail and Google+ on my Nexus 7 tablet.

If it doesn't work and you have issues, restore your backup and maybe just flash individual files instead of all of them.
  14. viper689

Because it's a long process of having to install each app one by one through TiBu
  15. Slubgob

Slubgob Well-Known Member

16. colchiro

17. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

So which of these will work with JBSourcery? Anyone tried it yet? :confused:
  18. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Well-Known Member

think I tried travp apps...seemed to work well
  19. colchiro

Just make a backup in recovery and go for it. :D
  20. colchiro

21. viper689

So I just flashed these gapps but don't seen to have a phone anymore lol. How do I make calls or can I flash it separately anywhere?
  22. colchiro

You already have a phone app so if it isn't there, how can you lose the one you already have? The phone app is part of your rom. (I flash gApps, then these.) :D
  23. xxxegoxxx

xxxegoxxx Active Member

I also had the same problem with the justinbean. I install it and go through all the steps and when it reboots it shows the green android dude instead of what is supposed to be the phone app. When I click on the dude it says "app not installed" or something like that. I know the app is still on the phone because I see it under settings/apps. Is it because this app is actually supposed to be ran on the galaxy s3?