Last Updated:

1. infil

infil Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone used these? Worth it?

edit: mods feel free to delete and slap me for not searching

Advertisement
  2. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

I had one on all my Eris Phone and I got one on my D2 the day I got it. I wouldn't go without one.

3. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

What exactly is it?

4. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

The ZAG invisible shield. Google it. Sounds similar to the Gorilla glass but comes with lifetime warranty. Mine should be here tomorrow I hope.

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

invisible shield (like best skins ever and others) is a thin transparent film you apply to a screen to protect it.

Gorilla Glass is the glass used on the D1, D2, and DX, and is virtually impervious to damage.

I used bestskinsever on all my phones before my Droid 1/Droid2. I have never, and will never use a screen protector on them. Dropped my D1 many times, from three to five feet off the ground, onto asphalt and concrete, face-down landing...zero damage, not even a scratch.

Just my opinion - screen protectors on a Droid are just unnecessary.

6. infil

infil Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

red...i can test that screen durability theory for ya ......send me your phone hehe

7. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member

I use and love the Invisible Shield. I am currently testing another brand on 3 of our homes phones, but I have new Invisible Shields bought and paid for, just waiting for me to decide the free ones from StealthGuards.com are not going top cut it.

So far, I am pretty impressed by the Stealth Guards though, I have it on 2 HTC Imagio phones adn a Droid2, I got the full body kits. Fit nice, so far (4 days) the adhesive appears to be great and the clearity and touch is just fine. The Invisible shield had a bit more of a rubber-like feel to it, the phone would sort of cling or stick to an otherwise smooth surface or even to the dash of your car. This has a bit less of that feel.

Scratch resistance is something I'm going to determine from normal use, I'm not looking to gouge them with car keys and "try" to get them to scratch. I am sure I'll drop test them in my normal day to day use, my Imagio seems to think it is a basketball.

I like the Invisible Shield very much and to me it is the standard I compare others against. With a couple years of use with the brand it has not let a scratch get to the phone yet. I'm pretty tough on my phone, I take them camping, kayaking, riding my dirt bike... everywhere. I'm no office worker...I get banged up and bloody and my phone is right there with me!

8. WoodiE55

WoodiE55 Guest

Check out Stealth Guards, they are giving away FREE full body kits for a limited time - https://www.stealthguards.com - just pay shipping! I just picked up one for my D2.

9. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Now that's just downright friendly! ;)

10. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member

I picked up the Invisible Shield for the Droid 2 today and was not that impressed. I was hoping it would have some kind of cover for the back but there was none - only the front. Most Invisible Shields come with protection for the back as well. I know thing batter cover for the Droid would make it difficult but *something* would have been nice. I would just go for a regular screen protector myself.

11. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

When I was there, the site said Full Body or Screen only. I have a case for my phone, so I just chose screen only.

12. tbirover

tbirover Member

Nice tip, deal still on.

13. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I'll have to try this later today, my Paypal account is currently being a PITA.

14. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

has anyone tried this yet? I dont wanna get scammed and have my paypal account charged up

15. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

Get the ZAG invis-shield if your looking for a screen protector. I've had mine for 2 weeks and it works great.

16. mach1man

I'm probably gonna get a zagg but if this is free then why not try right.

17. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

I guess you can try it but I was looking for good quality and that's what I got with ZAG. I assume since its free it wouldn't be as good.

18. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

No other screen protector I have ever had even compares to Zagg. Its worth the money.

19. mach1man

I'm not really worried about how good it is. I'm more worried about my paypal account being drained or over charged. If its not any good then I didn't waste any money just time lol

20. left4dead

left4dead Well-Known Member

Received mine in about 4-5 days. Complete Front and Back shields only (sides not included).

Good quality. Definitely not a scam.

21. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

iawtp

22. mach1man

Thanks for the info. I figure its free why not try right. I was wondering how hard is the installation? what did you use to make the solution?

23. mach1man

well I got my stealth guard full body protector in and it worked out great. I ordered two sets bc I knew I would screw up the first. I was halfway right LOL. I got some bubbles in on the front but the back came out great. I used the other front piece from the second set and got it to come out perfect. The key is to work from the center outward.

24. DavidG

DavidG Member

Hi All,
    I'm new to AndroidForums. I just got my Droid 2 Global. I was checking out this post to see if I should get something different, but on my last phone and on my wife's iPad, I installed Phantom Skinz. Since nobody else recommended their products, figured I'd post an endorsement as a happy past customer of theirs.

I used one on my last phone (HTC Imagio w/ Swype installed), and then put it on my wife's iPad. She likes it b/c after our son uses it, she can clean it w/ Windex and a paper towel - he smudges it up w/ his greasy, boogerish fingers.

Likes: 1. It becomes totally invisible after a day or two -- the bubbles need to work their way out. 2. It's very slick -- works very well w/ swype. 3. "Self Healing" really seems to work -- I have scratched it, but the scratches really do go away in a few days. 4. Very good shape - they do a good job cutting them to shape for you.

Dislikes: 1. Wet install takes a little time and some patience - though it was much easier the second time around when I put it on my wife's iPad. Follow their directions and put a little slightly soapy water in a spray bottle. 2. After cleaning with windex or 409, the screen isn't so slick - only an issue if you like to use Swype, like me. After a few minutes though, the oils on your skin make it nice and fast again.

Hope this post helps someone.