iOS4 on Andriod platform?

Last Updated:

1. chewjekhui

chewjekhui New Member This Topic's Starter

There is a way to install Andriod on iPhone. But is there a way to install iOS4 on Andriod phones? Like dual booting

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Android is open source, it's easy for developers to modify the code to work on many different devices. You could probably install Android on a microwave if you had the right equipment.
    iOS4 is closed, purposefully, by Apple. They want total control over it. It's still possible to get into the code but it takes a hell of a lot of work and mostly luck. I haven't done any research so I don't know if there is a port to Android, but my money would be on there not being one.

3. Niir

Niir Well-Known Member

iOS4 is like a train, smooth and fast on the tracks but take it off and it will run like a 3 legged dog.

Android is a 4x4, will run on pretty much anything

4. ricker666

ricker666 Active Member

Can't understand why someone would want to do this though? Having been an iphone user before switching to android, ios4 offers only one thing i can see over android. The apple app store. Putting android on other devices is because its better than the other operating systems ;)

5. Bnice

Bnice Guest

+1

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

+2

7. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Someone hacked an iPhone a while back so they could run Windows 95 on it. Why? Just because they could. Let's be honest, running a 15 yr old OS on a cell phone really has no other point.

8. chewjekhui

chewjekhui New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for reply. As previously mentioned by ricker666. I just want to port apple's apps store and perhaps Microsoft's Xbox Live. Because there are some games like Halo that I want to install on my phone. I am already hooked to Android, but just want some games that are only on various platforms.

9. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I would do it just to have the multimedia features. The one thing I miss about my iPhone is the iPod functionality. I've tried several apps on Android and haven't found one I like as much, hopefully Gingerbread can change all that. I'd also do it so that I could play Angry Birds. :)