• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iOS4 on Andriod platform?

Android is open source, it's easy for developers to modify the code to work on many different devices. You could probably install Android on a microwave if you had the right equipment.
iOS4 is closed, purposefully, by Apple. They want total control over it. It's still possible to get into the code but it takes a hell of a lot of work and mostly luck. I haven't done any research so I don't know if there is a port to Android, but my money would be on there not being one.

Upvote 0
Can't understand why someone would want to do this though? Having been an iphone user before switching to android, ios4 offers only one thing i can see over android. The apple app store. Putting android on other devices is because its better than the other operating systems ;)

Someone hacked an iPhone a while back so they could run Windows 95 on it. Why? Just because they could. Let's be honest, running a 15 yr old OS on a cell phone really has no other point.

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply. As previously mentioned by ricker666. I just want to port apple's apps store and perhaps Microsoft's Xbox Live. Because there are some games like Halo that I want to install on my phone. I am already hooked to Android, but just want some games that are only on various platforms.

Upvote 0
Can't understand why someone would want to do this though? Having been an iphone user before switching to android, ios4 offers only one thing i can see over android. The apple app store. Putting android on other devices is because its better than the other operating systems ;)

I would do it just to have the multimedia features. The one thing I miss about my iPhone is the iPod functionality. I've tried several apps on Android and haven't found one I like as much, hopefully Gingerbread can change all that. I'd also do it so that I could play Angry Birds. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones