• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone 12 versus Pixel 5 camera comparison: unexpected results

The new iPhone 12 landed late last week, a device that many will be picking up this holiday season. While the Apple smartphone will be a go-to device for anyone who’s already within the Apple ecosystem, those who are looking for a smartphone with a great camera may be considering Google’s Pixel 5 smartphone as well.
To give you an idea of how the cameras on these two devices compare, we’ve put together a detailed camera comparison, capturing over 85 photo

What I always want when I see these comparisons is to be told which is more colour accurate? I have the impression that the iPhone is probably a bit "warm", but that doesn't necessarily tell me that the Pixel is the more accurate.

("warm" in quotes because the meaning of "warm" and "cold" is really only intuitive to people who don't know that red light is emitted by cooler bodies and blue by hotter. For the rest of us there's a conflict between a weather-based metaphor and Wein's law when it comes to these terms ;)).

Upvote 0
Hello, you made a great comparison, everyone can draw conclusions for themselves. For me, the colors in the photos taken with the iPhone look more natural, warmer, while the photos taken on the Pixel 5 are colder and as if photoshopped. In any case, both phones are very good at taking photos. I won't say that the iPhone isn't worth the money, etc., maybe it isn't, but I've been in love with this phone for a long time, and it's not just about photos. I immediately bought an iPhone 12 as soon as it came out and imagine the same day I managed to scratch it, I'm so stupid! The next day, early in the morning, I decided to get a case from a website where you can Buy iPhone Cases and I ordered a few.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones