• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone 4S to Droid Maxx

HiddenTalent

Jan 24, 2013
Hi all,

I have a coworker who is considering the transition from Iphone to a Maxx. He's liking the specs against available Apple products, however he is most concerned about his app data (not contacts,calender, texts), but specific app data transfer between the two devices.

Is there an app to assist with this transition?

Thanks in advance.

Boy, talk about an upgrade....;-)

I think that most of that sort of thing would be on an app specific basis meaning, does the specific app provide for migration perhaps because they make the app for both iOS and Android.

So, like where are your contacts? Google, no problem. In Apple contacts, somewhat moreso but not insurmountable. Anything Cloud-y, FB, Instagram (same thing now...;-) s/b no problem.

As always, ymmv and he has to look into these aspects for each app that is important to him.

If he goes for it, tell him to order the Tylt Vu wireless charger and look for the coupon I posted previously in this forum; seems that the interwebs believe it is the best one.

Upvote 0
Specific App data... like his password manager, facebook, instagram, or whatever it may be.

Not talking about mass storage, copy and paste stuff.

Facebook stores data on the server, so it will look almost exactly the same. I don't use Instagram, but I assume that's the same. There are many good twitter apps besides the Twitter client, and data is always server stored, except for client-specific settings like mute filters, which probably will not be able to be transfered.

It will depend on the password manager. 1Password can sync through Dropbox, I believe, and there is an Android app, but I think it's still read-only (meaning that you can access user names and passwords, and secure notes, but not edit them.) If it's not 1Password but Lastpass, that's always server based, so that data will definitely be there.

Can you be more specific about which apps exactly your friend is concerned about, other than Facebook and Instagram?

Game data are probably not transferrable.

I have a Maxx and an iPad and go back and forth between the devices all of the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones