• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone owner criticizes the Droid

I didn't think that the article was bad on the whole, and not really that biased to the iPhone (which is a natural comparison in any event if for no other reason than its sheer numbers in the wild). Things struck me as a stretch: the portrait versus landscape view of apps icons, the battery door issue and the power button being on the top rather than the front.

As others have said, several other points are spot on. Where this review falls a little flat is that some points are hardware related (Motorola) and some OS related (Google). It should recognize who's responsible for which shortcoming.

What I don't get--at all--is the whole "hip-ness" discussion. Note to the world: unless you made it from scratch, your phone does not make you hip.

Upvote 0
Actually as others have put it in the past, the iPhone is a great iPod, but a terrible phone ;)

My first gen iPhone worked great. Didn't have any problems with it. Didn't drop calls, didn't eat the battery, email worked. Now my droid on the other hand, I barely get any signal at work, email doesn't work, and the battery is iffy. The signal probably won't get fixed, but everything else is just software, so that will get fixed eventually.

Upvote 0
And the brakes don't work!

I bet the gas pedal is off the hook, though.

I won't get an iPhone even when a real network supports it. I like being able to put a different battery on it and using an SD card is a requirement these days.

iTunes is even more of a joke than the iPad...

The iPhone and its thralls serve only one purpose: provide "competition" that will encourage the makers of real products to continue to improve them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones