• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories IQShield Screen Protector Review

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
I've had every Galaxy Note that's been available (except the 7), and until the Note 8 came out, I used tempered glass screen protectors because of the S-PEN. Due to the rounded edges on the screen, most tempered glasses are terrible; they don't stick, they pop off, and they leave an annoying gap between the screen and glass. Seeing as the S-PEN is the main feature of the phone, it forced me to use another option. For my Note 8, I tried a few different TPU screen protectors, all of them either felt odd or were too thick and would cause the S-PEN to drag or skip and lose sensitivity. Until I found the IQShield screen protector. Install is straightforward and since it's a wet install, you can position the protector correctly and remove all bubbles.

When I pre-ordered me wife's and my Note 9 on August 16th, I went looking and found the Spigen TPU screen protector was the only option (couldn't find IQShield anywhere). So I ordered that one; BIG MISTAKE!! It's easy to install, but felt very rough and sticky to the touch even a week later. Worse if all, because it is thick, the S-PEN drags and slips across the screen and interferes with the sensitivity making it useless to draw with. While it heals from the S-PEN, the marks are there for a while. My wife disliked it so much, she was willing to go with no cover over this one.

Then I saw that IQShield finally released the one for the Note 9 and ordered the 2 pack (link below). Exactly as expected. Took less than a minute to install, no mess, perfect fit, feels like glass (very smooth to the touch and when running my finger across the screen), is Crystal clear, and best of all is that it doesn't mess with the S-PEN and feels like you are drawing on the glass. I put them on my kids S8's a while ago and recently needed to get one replaced as my daughter scratched it, they replaced it immediately and have fantastic customer service. If you're looking for a screen protector and don't want to spend a fortune, get this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0787FWS72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9UsIBbZV2YHT1

P.S. this is not a paid for or endorsed review. I paid for the screen protectors.

I was advised to try the <div><b>Spoiler:'http://a.co/d/a9BDnkm'</b><p>amfilm screen protector</p></div>, which I will apply after my next shower (high humidity in the bathroom makes for a perfect application environment). Based on my experience, it's best to apply screen protectors in high humidity, stark naked and wearing rubber or vinyl gloves, which are available by the box, cheap, at your local pharmacy.

Lest I get a bunch of remarks from the pervs out there, no clothing and high humidity reduce the area's dust and other airborne pollutants. Fresh out of the shower helps. Gloves prevent any oil or fingerprints from getting on the protector during installation. Just because it sounds kinky and fun doesn't mean there isn't a good reason behind it...

:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones