• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is 250MB available space enough for the internal phone storage? changing SD card question also

tracerit

Android Enthusiast
May 7, 2010
Orange County, CA
I installed a bunch of apps and I think the EVO has 1gb of space. Just wondering if that's enough available for me to do other things. I want to leave a "buffer" just in case.

I'm currently using the Sandisk 8GB MicroSD Class 2 that came with the phone and when I was looking at selling my Touch Pro 2, it turns out that I have a Class 6 Transcend 8gb MicroSD card. I want to switch them out, if I just copy everything from the Sandisk to the Transcend, will that be ok? Or do apps/Android write the data a certain way that I'll have to re-do things again?

250M I think is fine. I think the original available is 350M. I currently have just 113M available (lots of apps). Also, you can just copy the contents from one SD card to another. I just switched cards and I copied the current SD contents to my laptop hard drive, took out the original card, put in the new card and copied the contents from the laptop to the new SD card.

Reactions: tracerit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones