• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is anyone working on a 2.1leak -> Root?

I havent seen anything on a while on weither or not those of us with 2.1v3 will ever be able to root? Its been a while with no new news to speak of, I know the whole well know when you know thing, but Im just wondering if peope are still even trying

The devs over at xda-developers.com are still working on it, trying out things like the method used to root the Incredible. No new news yet. You'll hear about it everywhere once it happens for real.

Upvote 0
My guess: it will probably happen sometime after froyo leak for eris is released, in the coming 2 months or so...
That is of course based on memories of waiting 3 long months for 1.5 root long after leaked 2.1 had been installed by many impatient people (such as myself and probably anyone else reading this thread).
But yeah, doesnt seem like anyone is working on it. Most of the forums regarding leak to root are all about getting replacement phones and upgrading to the droid...
(pissed off that the Aria already got root btw)

Upvote 0
because they want control over the end-product.
we by HTC phones, they want them to work as HTC phones.

I see, but I mean the Evo was rooted pretty much before it came out. The incredible is rooted, I have even heard the HTC Aria was just recently rooted 2 days after it was released. My question is what is it about the Eris that HTC decides that they are going to make it pretty much unrootable?

Upvote 0
I see, but I mean the Evo was rooted pretty much before it came out. The incredible is rooted, I have even heard the HTC Aria was just recently rooted 2 days after it was released. My question is what is it about the Eris that HTC decides that they are going to make it pretty much unrootable?

no idea. hit up an HTC exec and ask them why they decided to be assholes to the Eris users :p

Upvote 0
well you guys have to remember that the devs never rooted the eris in the first place.
the rooted rom was leaked by HTC
in my opinion i think that HTC locked down the Eris too hard.
i dont think its going to be possible to root

Agreed. I don't think it will ever get officially rooted. If we're lucky, another "mysterious" rooted ROM will be handed to us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones