• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is AOKP 4.2.2 the fastest,stablest Andriod 4 rom for O.E

I've used 4.4.4 cm11, aokp 4.2.2, and sleipnir. IMO, AOKP 4.2.2 was the fastest and very stable. Battery life was also excellent. Read the thread for the 3 bugs that need to be fixed. BTW, I used each ROM for a few months at a time.

Thanks you ever try pac rom? Its 4.2.2 as well so maybe it performances similar to Aokp 4.2.2?

Upvote 0
I tried pac-rom its pretty stable and IMO second best next to AOKP 4.2.2
But In my honest opinion
Slimkat 4.4.2 is more stable and I loved(Yes I switched phones, Still have most ROMs if you want any) I have had no random reboots, which aokp gave me for some reason, Slimkat is really fast and smooth I remember battery life was sweet And my brother ,who has my elite now, says the phone is smooth and battery is really good.
I tried 4.4.4, Aokp 4.2.2, Pac-Rom,SlimBean, cm9,touchwiz,Paranoid Android, sleipnir ,Harmonia, miui,emiui
Out of all I think slimkat is the winner lol
Anyways I would try out Aokp for a whole week (get a good use of it and note down what you like and dislike about it)
Then slimkat and for a whole week too and do the same and you should know

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
I tried pac-rom its pretty stable and IMO second best next to AOKP 4.2.2
But In my honest opinion
Slimkat 4.4.2 is more stable and I loved(Yes I switched phones, Still have most ROMs if you want any) I have had no random reboots, which aokp gave me for some reason, Slimkat is really fast and smooth I remember battery life was sweet And my brother ,who has my elite now, says the phone is smooth and battery is really good.
I tried 4.4.4, Aokp 4.2.2, Pac-Rom,SlimBean, cm9,touchwiz,Paranoid Android, sleipnir ,Harmonia, miui,emiui
Out of all I think slimkat is the winner lol
Anyways I would try out Aokp for a whole week (get a good use of it and note down what you like and dislike about it)
Then slimkat and for a whole week too and do the same and you should know

Slimkat always had overheat problem for me and it would take a while for the screen to turn on sometimes after pressing the power button. I am still hoping phenom will sync with latest souces for slimkat to maybe help the overheat problem. Cm 11 randomly overheated,too but not a frequently. Since I don't have service right now I guess I could play with pacrom.

Upvote 0
My brother today said his phone was stuck on the lockscreen and it was .
Laggy also but then I went to the apps running and it wasn't much but still he had about 40-60 MBS of ram he loves this ROM but says its slow when trying to listen to music and SMS
I'm going to tweak it for him before he decides to change roms ...
Anyways pac-rom was pretty sweet and really cool all the stuff it comes with

Upvote 0
My brother today said his phone was stuck on the lockscreen and it was .
Laggy also but then I went to the apps running and it wasn't much but still he had about 40-60 MBS of ram he loves this ROM but says its slow when trying to listen to music and SMS
I'm going to tweak it for him before he decides to change roms ...
Anyways pac-rom was pretty sweet and really cool all the stuff it comes with

Did your keyboard force close with Pacrom?

Upvote 0
No, I found no bugs in that ROM the keyboard was fast! Have you installed it correctly? Try reflashing if you can't get a keyboard
It was a problem with gapps I found another gapps that works.
Kind of an alarming message I am getting from Cleanmaster's Antivirus It says somthing about a SMS fraud vulnerability.... I never got such a message from 4.4.4.

Upvote 0
Please keep us updated how PAC ROM.is doing might have to flash a new ROM on my bros elite...

Well it been kind of meh. Its locked up a few times but I think it was because of auto updating apps and two many apps in the the background. I disabled auto update and limted it to one app in the background and it been alot better.

Although I have to agree that Slimkat is crazy smooth and fast(Battery life and heat issues....). Could you ask phenom to update it to 4.4.4? I think if he does that it will be hands down the best rom for the O.E.

Upvote 0
Phenom does not respond my Messages... Lol
If you get lockups with slimkat I got tweaks for it.
My brother wanted to change ROM because it would lock up every now and then... I tweaked it and it ran smooth I have tons of social apps and running in the background (Might use greenify) but its all good.
Battery is really enjoyable I get a whole day of battery(mild use in the morning and later on its just Skype and apps like that) heat issues I never had...

Upvote 0
Phenom does not respond my Messages... Lol
If you get lockups with slimkat I got tweaks for it.
My brother wanted to change ROM because it would lock up every now and then... I tweaked it and it ran smooth I have tons of social apps and running in the background (Might use greenify) but its all good.
Battery is really enjoyable I get a whole day of battery(mild use in the morning and later on its just Skype and apps like that) heat issues I never had...

How is slimkats standby time for you? I could never get it to last overnight on a 40-60. Pacrom lasted overnight on 40-60 with like 46% battery which was a surprise for me It wasn't even on airplane mode!(Ever other rom it would be out of battery sometimes even if it was on airplane mode) but the performance is meh and the only settings I really use are the Aokp settings in pacrom. I am going to try AOKP tomorrow and tell you how it is for me. Although I do kind of miss the KK white. It blends in so much better then the blue lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones