• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is backflip a good choice for me?

I'm currently on the samsung moment but have to switch to at&t. So I'm looking at the Backflip or the iPhone 3gS.

I don't use my phone for much. Voice calls, emails, text, internet crap and a few games. I hardly use the camera.

I like that Android is open source and I can tether. I like being able to customize my home screens. I don't like how the iPhone is just app after app after app.

The iPhone is a better phone though right?

I'm not hip on the Backflip that it installs yahoo instead of google. I'm not so sure I'm going to like the keyboard on the back of the phone. I'm pretty rough with my phones. This phone is a bit sluggish from what I've read.

I almost need a real qwerty keyboard which may be the deciding factor.

Thoughts?

Between these two phones cost is not a concern.

Upvote 0
Jennn,

I received the recent update from Motorola/AT&T for the Backflip last week. It's not the 2.1 update yet but it did resolve several issues with lag, battery life and overall performance of the phone.

I have owned three iPhones and I also currently have a Moto Droid for work. I prefer the Backflip hands-down over all of them. It suits my needs perfectly.

I wouldn't worry about the keyboard too much. It's basically made just like a candy bar phones' keypad. It's a single sheet of keys with tactile feedback. There is no separation between the keys. I also read a review where the took the abrasive edge of a quarter and ran it across the keys several times. There was no apparent damage to the keyboard.

Reactions: jennn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones