• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Google listening in on phone calls?

phsopher

Feb 9, 2013
I was recently talking with my mom on the phone about going to a restaurant to celebrate my dad's birthday and once the phone call finished Google Now popped up two cards for restaurants nearby. Is that some kind of new feature to pick stuff up from phone conversations? Or maybe not new, I'm a bit out of the loop. Or is just a weird coincidence?

In light of recent events one might understandably be skeptical of the claims that your information is not being passed on to third parties. This is not the reason for my posting though, I don't care if the information is shared. After all, people who are doing nothing wrong have nothing to hide from the giant surveillance apparatus the government's been hiding (joke courtesy of Stephen Colbert).

I was just surprised and wanted to make sure that this is indeed a feature they now have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones