Is it possible to get the Date on the screen display?Support

Last Updated:

1. biggalaxy

biggalaxy Member

Is it possible to get the Date on the screen display? I know the time is on there but I want the date too? Thank you

2. Jimbo droid

Jimbo droid Well-Known Member

You can download digital clock widget from the market
  3. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

That is one of the reasons I kept the lock screen, I like that it has time:day:date on it.
  4. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

My default clock widget has time and date. It is the Telus version, here is a screen shot. What does the T-Mobile one look like?

Attached Files:

5. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

I think biggalaxy wants the date in the panel, not on the screen.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

You could do that back in the olden days (Pocket PC/Windows Mobile Era) with a registry editor. The date and time would always be at the top of the screen. With the Android OS I think you need to be able to create a custom ROM. Way, Way, Way over my skill level. :eek:

Did you know that when you're not running the screen lock you can just hold down on the time and the date will show up on the left of the status bar for about 2 seconds?

HTH you biggalaxy.
    Jenius1to likes this.
  7. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

Just pull down your notification bar and you will see the date.
  8. Jenius1to

Jenius1to New Member

Greetings earthlings,
    May I start my Phandroid life by saying thanks to all of you who share your tips & knowledge about our little wonders.
    And it makes me wonder why the simple questions need to be asked in the first place? I'm still gonna vote the iPhone UI as superior.
    But I do like serviceable/usable machines.
    As for bigG's desire for a date stamp,I would think not having to get all touchy/feely to simply look at the date is a Big +.
  9. Oldschoolwax

Well. the OP has never been back to clarify what he wants. There are ways to do it, from simple apps to custom ROMs.
  10. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

Just in case the OP comes back...

Widget Locker. Nice app that allows you to have almost anything on the lock screen.

Attached Files:

11. Oldschoolwax

Yes, it is on the stock lock screen though, having just ditched mine, I do miss it a bit, but not too much. I believe it will go into the next rom I d/l if the developer pulls it all off. I'll post if it does.
  12. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

What if you want it in the panel at the top, not on the home or lock screen?