is it possible to have NO wallpaper?

Last Updated:

1. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member

On my PC desktop I can choose to have NO wallpaper. Is this possible on Droid? If not, add to list of requests

2. holmgren

holmgren Well-Known Member

you could just make a blank color wallpaper could you not?
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

just create a wallpaper of whatever color your want..

BLOWNCO Well-Known Member

why don't you just cover the camera take a pic on choose that as your background
  5. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member

Looking at using DxTop which is having wallpaper issues which made me think to ask this.
  6. Brucem9999

Brucem9999 New Member

Saw your post about "blank" wallpaper...

If you're still looking for a good solution, try COLORS from the app store. It has just plain color backgrounds.
  7. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

Is this really a solution to what the OP is asking?
  8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Yup. It might not be the most sophisticated or elegant solution but it is a solution.
  9. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I like a solid black wallpaper so I just went to google images and typed in "black" then filter results by size. This is how I get all my wallpapers.
  10. Brettus

Brettus Active Member

It absolutely is a solution. If all he/she wants is a black background, I would say there is no easier way. Finding a black picture on the internet would require you to open browser, search, find a good picture, save it, open the gallery, set the wallpaper. The camera way you open camera, take picture, go to gallery, set as wallpaper.
  11. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Black wallpaper = take a pic with your finger over the lens. nice. :)
  12. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

He asked if there is a way to choose to have no wallpaper as an option. He didn't ask if he could have black wallpaper.
  13. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

even if you could choose "none" would'nt you still need to select a color or would it just be white ?
  14. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

There has to be something there. A solid color wallpaper is the closest you will get to no wallpaper. If there was an option for no wallpaper all that would actually be happening is it would be using a black image as the wallpaper or some other color. Thats what windows does essentially.
    gnath9 likes this.
  15. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Okay? What would a "no wallpaper" homescreen look like then? A transparent background that lets you see the phone's internals? :p

Better contact dxTop's dev and poke him about wallpaper problems, if there are any.
    Psychokitty likes this.
  16. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

THIS!!! ^^^

Not to get OT, but has anyone considered disassembling their phone and arranging the internals so you could take a top view picture of them and use it as a wallpaper? That way it looks like you're seeing straight through into the phone. That would be awesome!!!
    Psychokitty likes this.
  17. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

That would be so cool !!! :rolleyes:
  18. ontheriver

ontheriver New Member

No, but that's a great idea!!
    How bout we open up YOUR phone, and we'll snap the picture with
    I'll share the photo with you if you were able to get it all back together.
  19. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

there is a paid live wallpaper in the market that looks like a circut board with lights and is interactive.
  20. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm completely up for that. I love taking things apart!!! And I have an 80% success rate at reassembly. So, LETS GO!!! Tell me when and where... :p :D
  21. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Yep, I've got the aCircuit Board live wallpaper. Very cool too; it's got fans and LED indicators and everything, and reacts to touches.
  22. asphalt cowboy

asphalt cowboy Well-Known Member

o just use the black one from launcher pro. its not solid but close to it.
  23. pksiv

pksiv New Member

is that displaying a picture, even a black one, or live wallpaper requires power, even if only a very small amount. No Wallpaper would not require any power.
  24. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

if you had no wallpaper, would you see thru into the computer chip and electronics :)
  25. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

I think there has to be a default background... it has to display something. Taking no battery would require dimming of the whole screen, you can't just dim parts of a screen.