• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is it possible to have NO wallpaper?

Is this really a solution to what the OP is asking?

It absolutely is a solution. If all he/she wants is a black background, I would say there is no easier way. Finding a black picture on the internet would require you to open browser, search, find a good picture, save it, open the gallery, set the wallpaper. The camera way you open camera, take picture, go to gallery, set as wallpaper.

Upvote 0
He asked if there is a way to choose to have no wallpaper as an option. He didn't ask if he could have black wallpaper.

There has to be something there. A solid color wallpaper is the closest you will get to no wallpaper. If there was an option for no wallpaper all that would actually be happening is it would be using a black image as the wallpaper or some other color. Thats what windows does essentially.

Reactions: gnath9
Upvote 0
Okay? What would a "no wallpaper" homescreen look like then? A transparent background that lets you see the phone's internals? :p

Better contact dxTop's dev and poke him about wallpaper problems, if there are any.

THIS!!! ^^^

Not to get OT, but has anyone considered disassembling their phone and arranging the internals so you could take a top view picture of them and use it as a wallpaper? That way it looks like you're seeing straight through into the phone. That would be awesome!!!

Reactions: Psychokitty
Upvote 0
THIS!!! ^^^

Not to get OT, but has anyone considered disassembling their phone and arranging the internals so you could take a top view picture of them and use it as a wallpaper? That way it looks like you're seeing straight through into the phone. That would be awesome!!!

No, but that's a great idea!!
How bout we open up YOUR phone, and we'll snap the picture with
mine.
I'll share the photo with you if you were able to get it all back together.
Correctly...
:D

Upvote 0
No, but that's a great idea!!
How bout we open up YOUR phone, and we'll snap the picture with
mine.
I'll share the photo with you if you were able to get it all back together.
Correctly...
:D

Honestly, I'm completely up for that. I love taking things apart!!! And I have an 80% success rate at reassembly. So, LETS GO!!! Tell me when and where... :p :D

Upvote 0
is that displaying a picture, even a black one, or live wallpaper requires power, even if only a very small amount. No Wallpaper would not require any power.

I think there has to be a default background... it has to display something. Taking no battery would require dimming of the whole screen, you can't just dim parts of a screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones