• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it possible to put the UK stock 2.1 ROM on my European Motorola Milestone?

Hi guys,

I've search around the forums a little but haven't found a similar question, and Google hasn't yielded anything either.

I purchased my Motorola Milestone online and it ended up being a Spanish version which came with 2.1 preinstalled. I live in Australia where the Milestone is not currently being sold.

I notice that just recently Motorola have rolled out the 2.1 update to the UK, and I see that it comes with voice-to-text recognition for all text input, something that my research tells me the continental (i.e. non-english speaking) european Milestones didn't get in the 2.1 update (I assume because the voice-to-text is currently only available in English).

My question is, is it possible to flash my phone with a UK stock 2.1 ROM (when it becomes available)? I understand it's not as easy to flash the Milestone as it is the Droid, but I really feel like I'm missing out with the voice-to-text thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones