• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is it possible to Root Verizon HTC One Max on OTA 4.4.2???

wilsonad664

Oct 27, 2012
I have a Verizon HTC One Max running OTA 4.4.2. Is it possible to unlock the bootloader, S-Off and Root? If so, can someone post a step by step. I have not been able to find a process that works successfully. Tried Rumrunner and firewater with no success. Is there something I may be missing. Thanks in advance.

I have a Verizon HTC One Max running OTA 4.4.2. Is it possible to unlock the bootloader, S-Off and Root? If so, can someone post a step by step. I have not been able to find a process that works successfully. Tried Rumrunner and firewater with no success. Is there something I may be missing. Thanks in advance.

Nvm. Figured it out. Forgot to set adb shell to su

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Got tired of waiting on Verizon. I am now Rooted and S-Off on my Verizon HTC One Max. Sideloaded the Official RUU Sense 6 update for Verizon HTC One Max. Found only additional bloat is that all keyboard languages are now pre-loaded. Phone response and Blinkfeed is faster and smoother. Added BusyBox Pro and XPosed Framework to install Sense 6 Toobox, Lockscreen, and KitKat SD Card Access Mods. Phone is even more better now. Battery life for me is still about the same as when I first got the phone if the slightly better. Only been running this for 2 days so will update in a few weeks.

Screenshot_2014-07-11-12-22-38.png

Screenshot_2014-07-11-12-22-44.png

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Nvm. Figured it out. Forgot to set adb shell to su
Hi, I'm in the boat you were in a few months ago, could you please clarify which process or processes you used to ultimately root? Did you unlock boot loader via HTCDEV.com? Did you use RumRunner? Was there a specific guide you followed? I've rooted a host of phones (other brands) successfully but, this seems like such an arduous process just to gain root. I also read somewhere that there may be a "One-Click Root" method available, any info would be greatly appreciated. I love this phone better than my TouchWiz ladened (like rat poison) Galaxy Note 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones