• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it possible to send or receive google map voice command via A2DP headset?

njchen24

Oct 12, 2011
Greeting:

I have an A2DP Jabra Bluetooth headset and SGS2 (Tmobile). I try to speak use google map voice command but it doesn't seem to work. It seems to work with Samsung VoiceTalk but not Voice search. Is there a way to use Google voice command via A2DP Bluetooth headset.

Your time and help is greatly appreciated.

I know right now my phone sits in a dock on my dash and Google Voice works so much better then Vlingo. But maybe with speaking into a headset it will work better. I am going to try this app someone recommended that says you can make certain apps be your bluetooth default and I'm gonna try it with google voice when I get my headset this week. Bluetooth Launcher.

Thank you for your input.

It's too bad. Google voice seems to work better than Vlingo. Beside, Vlingo works sporadically at least with my Jabra. I am going to try the Blutrek Q2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones