Is it time to Hard Reset my Incredible?Support

Last Updated:

1. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this since launch, it's been great about 90% of the time which is not bad. But lately, even with soft reset or a battery pull - I would get inconsistent ring volume or SMS/MMS notification. The speaker phone doesn't always work correctly unless I soft reset it. Battery drains overnight to dead phone when I wake up. Plus other weird stuff I can't remember it does.

So with a hard reset, I assume I lose all my email settings, apps, bluetooth settings etc? Is there a way to save them automatically like my old Crapberry Tour where I just re-sync and all settings went back to my preferences?

Anyways, hard reset is volume button down and power at the same time???

:(

Advertisement
  2. tbta02

tbta02 Well-Known Member

mine got out of control after putting like 30 apps on it in the first week i had it .one of them wouldnt let my phone sleep .i did a factory reset and was a little more carefull with what i loaded in and it works fine .also got the seidio 1750 battery and now i have no complaints .got all my apps from app brain and restored most apps .also your paid apps will be stored in downloads in the market app .you have to set up your mail again and gmail backs your contacts .big thing with the battery drain is apps that wont let your phone sleep .you have to have one stopping your phone from sleeping if it drains that bad overnight .check your up time and compare it to your awake time .if they match there is something stopping your phone from sleeping . flickr wound up being my problem .

armoredsaint likes this.
  3. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Why not just go to:
    Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Reset

4. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of doing a reset. If it starts raining again today I might as well. I haven't gone too crazy with the app installs but I definitely have gotten over the "new phone must play" phase... So time to start fresh and install only the stuff I know I need.

One thing I also want to do is eliminate my SDCard because I barely use the onboard 8gb. I guess I need to figure out if I can make any apps that would normally touch the SD card find the local 8gb? (Astro, mms backup)

5. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Just curious, did you get the free 2GB card?
    If so why not just leave it in phone?
    That way you dont need to worry about apps needing SD card, as some apps do need card to function.

6. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

I did, but I haven't opened it. I had an older 4gb card in the phone but I think it may be failing. I also think the internal 8gb memory seems a lot faster reading/writing so If I never use more than 8gb, it would be nice to just eliminate the xtra hardware...

7. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset yesterday after i was starting to get some pretty bad lag and reinstalled all the apps and its running great now, just like new.

8. Skybolt

Skybolt Member

Quick question. If you do a hard reset Settings>privacy>factory reset, will you lose your phone number etc. as well and need to reactivate it via Verizon? Or will you just lose your apps and personalization settings, etc. ?

9. andreyua

andreyua Active Member

It will re activate itself automatically. There is a sweet setup wizard.

10. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

Does pulling the battery actual do some "resetting" or is it just like turning the phone off?

11. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

How do I remove flickr?

Do I just disable it photos, or am I missing something here?

12. buckweet

buckweet Active Member

I had horrible battery life from one of the battery monitoring apps as it didn't let my phone go to sleep.. Can't remember the name, but it was one of the more popular ones.. As soon as I uninstalled it was fine.

13. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

All phone numbers will be lost. If you sync with google, they will be back FAST once you give the phone your credentials.

personalization, probably lost.

SMS/MMS, use a free tool from the marketplace to backup to your SD card.

Use appbrain to keep track of your apps, so if you reset, you can get them all back in a jiffy!