• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is my system respectable?

I wouldn't have caught that.. do you have their naming convention memorized or just familiarity with that board? Or did you google it?

Two years spent volunteering on the official tech support forums for World of Warcraft helping people with gaming issues and pc errors. A lot of info can be gathered by checking their DXDiag for outdated drivers, Windows updates and weather or not their pc just can't handle the graphic engine of the game (and they officially do not support laptops). Plus I'm a bit of a geek-girl anyways. :p

But to answer your question, just eyeballing it told me the mobo is from a prebuilt because you just don't see that many (if at all) HP mobo's for sale on Newegg/Amazon. Yes I did Google the model number merely to be sure before I posted. ;)

Upvote 0
But what tipped you off that it was an HP mobo?

NM - looked more closely. I was focusing in on the mobo model.. completely ignored the line directly above it..

Two years spent volunteering on the official tech support forums for World of Warcraft helping people with gaming issues and pc errors. A lot of info can be gathered by checking their DXDiag for outdated drivers, Windows updates and weather or not their pc just can't handle the graphic engine of the game (and they officially do not support laptops). Plus I'm a bit of a geek-girl anyways. :p

But to answer your question, just eyeballing it told me the mobo is from a prebuilt because you just don't see that many (if at all) HP mobo's for sale on Newegg/Amazon. Yes I did Google the model number merely to be sure before I posted. ;)

Upvote 0
Just curious Cammy..
Did you rescue the motherboard from another machine? If not, where would you by an Hewlett Packard motherboard with that model number (those come in a prebuilts)? And more importantly, why?
I'm curious, why do you think it's custom-built? Nowhere was it mentioned that it's not an HP prebuilt. From what I understand, the entire system was bought used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones