• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Samsung trying to be sued by Apple?

mogelijk

Android Expert
Jun 8, 2012
Samsung is coming out with it's own Wallet app, that bears a strong resemblance to Apple's Passbook. It is rumored to be a new feature on the SG4. It seems similar enough that I'm sure Apple will sue, which begs the question: Is Samsung wanting to be sued?

It's also interesting, since they use the Wallet name, that it doesn't use NFC at all. It seems like if they had added NFC functionality that it would have reduced the chance of Apple successfully suing them.

Upvote 0
Must admit, on some androids there is a strong similarity to apple, notably the icons. It upsets me because I don't particularly like apples icons or patronizing 'fisher price' look & feel, so to see it on an android seems a tad wrong. But then apple have ripped ideas in the past, so if someone feels they need to be like them to push their product I can understand... just don't like it.

In terms of hardware (battery & SD card) then people will vote with their feet. With the OS I think the apple ethos is creeping in slightly where some things might be missing for sake of streamlining & appearance. They need to be careful about that so it doesn't resemble a fisher price toy. If you're gonna rip someones ideas, please don't take the cr@p ones purely because you want to be like apple! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones