Is T Mobile Any Good?

1. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member

How is T Mobile, is it any good? Is the service good? Do you get a lot of dropped calls?

Advertisement
    :
  2. cred05

cred05 Well-Known Member

I dont ever have any problems. I like it the best out of any other network, hence why I have it.
  3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Been good fro me Since 2001 and VoiceStream before it was T-Mobile
  4. x3haloed

x3haloed Member

Haven't had any problems yet, although I've only been with T-Mo about a week so far. Luckily there is decent 3G coverage in my area.
  5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

been with T-Mobile since 2000, every couple years I have a small issue, but they alway deal with it in a timely manner.
  6. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

been with tmo for years wouldn't change carriers unless I was forced to...
  7. li2327

li2327 Active Member

I get great coveraage here in Philadelphia.
  8. Harb

Harb Well-Known Member

T Mobile is my favorite provider, but ultimately it comes down to where you live and how their coverage is in that area.
  9. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member

Would you recommend someone switch to T Mobile?
  10. flightwriter

flightwriter Active Member

I've been with T-Mo for five years, first in Dallas and now in New Mexico. I seldom have any dropped calls, and overall their performance seems about on par with what others report. It all depends on the service area.

They can't bring 3G to Albuquerque soon enough, though...
  11. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

It really depends on where you live. I'm san diego and get 3g for the most part and never have dropped calls or anything. at one time or another ive used all of the other providers except att and cricket. I think tmobile have been the best to deal with, really no problems at all. And you get the internet for about half the price of the other guys.
  12. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

This is the best answer.

Not all carriers have the same coverage in all areas. Some places you go, Sprint has better coverage, other places you go, ATT has the best coverage, and so on and so on.

The best thing to do is find people in your own area who have T-Mobile and the plans/services you'd be interested in getting -- that's all I can really suggest.

I would never suggest anyone switch companies period. Especially with no information about what the person expects, wants, -or- problems they have with their current situation that they want to avoid. There are pros and cons for every cell phone company. One company may have great coverage, but charge way too much for very little features. Another company may have decent coverage but great phones and great prices. Another might have great coverage, great customer service, but doesn't have the plan or features you want.
  13. as439726

as439726 Well-Known Member

If you are in a good T-Mob coverage area then i will answer very concisely "F**K YEAH BRO !!" I love T-Mob and loved Voicestream when they were them. They love their customers and if you get upset about anything they just refund the issue or give you a couple hundred free minutes. In fact T-Mob reps can give u 200 free mins without even asking for supervisor approval. Oh and if u get a phone and you hate it just return it in 2 weeks and they are ok with it. Love em. Oh and the other cool part for cheap bastards like me, they have the best rates, plans , and data packages price wise.
  14. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

I'll concur with the "depends on where you live statement." Where I live, I have awesome 3G coverage so it would be a definite yes. This weekend we went down to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware and I only got GPRS. So, if I lived down there, I would definitely look into another provider.
  15. sammrat-sms

sammrat-sms Member

Some time coverage issue but that one is ok as some time you can avoid such kind of coverage problem.

So you can carry on if you would like to ...
  16. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

What plans does T-mobile have to expand/update their network? AT&T and Verizon are all upgrading their networks. If Android does even a quarter of its 900% growth, I'd be pretty afraid of the network being bogged down.
  17. ManLike

ManLike Well-Known Member

TMo has very dense urban coverage, where they have it at all.

And if TMo IS the spearhead for Android phones (not likely, too many other carriers jumping on the bandwagon) I'd expect them to have so much cash rolling in that they'd expand because they could.
  18. robink

robink Member

I love tmobile so much that I bought an iphone and hacked it for tmobile and I couldn't be happier with the service and how they treat you.
  19. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member

My family is probably going to switch to tmobile this summer. I will probably get the G1 because the G2 doesn't have a physical keyboard or maybe I'll get the samsung bigfoot a rumored android phone thats supposed to hit tmobile this summer.
  20. ggoss3

ggoss3 Member

As a person who sells cell phons for the ATT, VZ and Tmobile i've found in most major cities the coverage is pretty much the same for all of them within the city. Now depending on where you live you may find some work a little better here and there over the others, but it just depends on tower placement and whats around the tower. I would suggest before buying tmobile and any tmobile store can do this is a personal coverage check. you can just go to www.tmobile.com and there is a link on the page for coverage check, put in your address and it will tell you how good the coverage is. Also you can on there switch it from cell coverage to 3g coverage with just checking the appropiate box on the coverage page. Personnaly i've found tmobiles coverage more than adaquate everywhere i go and haven't found it to be much worse than vz which is generally regarded the best coverage nation wide.