• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is T-Mobile good?

As LoyalServant said, you want the GSM or International Galaxy Nexus forums. The reason there is no separate T-Mobile (or AT&T) forum is that both carriers use the same model GSM Nexus. In addition, there is no hardware difference between the GSM and the International versions, only software differences. Google Wallet is only on the US model and the International versions are typically sold by the carriers, not Google, so have the carriers software added. By contrast, the Sprint and Verizon models have differences, not the least of which is the CDMA (instead of GSM) radios.

Reactions: johnny424
Upvote 0
I currently have vm getting a little sick of those speeds signal if get a sim pack is that standard and mini or does that matter can you use any gsm phone? can I use galaxy s 2 or 3 on paid 30 plan? And if you know any good deals to get a phone i knows it's silly but real like 3d phone think HTC evo 3d made gsm phone and the lg one if any ideas thanks for helping me make the switch also seen that gn on Google store like out my price range atm :(

Upvote 0
I currently have vm getting a little sick of those speeds signal if get a sim pack is that standard and mini or does that matter can you use any gsm phone? can I use galaxy s 2 or 3 on paid 30 plan? And if you know any good deals to get a phone i knows it's silly but real like 3d phone think HTC evo 3d made gsm phone and the lg one if any ideas thanks for helping me make the switch also seen that gn on Google store like out my price range atm :(

T-Mobile ships with a standard SIM, but it can be cut to mini size (either by hand or by a tool) for phones that need a mini SIM. Amazon has a few choices for tools to cut a SIM that are inexpensive.

Upvote 0
T-Mobile ships with a standard SIM, but it can be cut to mini size (either by hand or by a tool) for phones that need a mini SIM. Amazon has a few choices for tools to cut a SIM that are inexpensive.

Actually, the "normal" SIM size is a mini. I.e. the size in the GNex and the majority of existing flip/smart phones. The regular SIM size is sized like a credit card. I believe that's why the mini SIM is delivered to you in a large credit-card sized plastic housing. I've never had a device that took a full-sized SIM, but I assume you could use that as-is, instead of snapping out the mini-sim and discarding the rest of the plastic.

The "micro" SIM is what phones like the iPhone take, as well as some newer android phones. That is generally what SIM cutters do, they cut a mini SIM down to a micro SIM.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry in advance if i'm repeating something of someone else w/o giving due credit...i'm at work and can't read the whole thread.

All reception issues aside, TMob is arguably now the No.1 carrier 'since they went to TRULY UNLIMITED data'.
The only major competitor offering that same level is Sprint--albeit at a higher price(Metro cheaper but doesn't compete on speed or phone selection, i'd rather pay a few dollars more. Plus in that case, one of TMob prepaid mvno's would compete on price).
Even more important, even if Sprint were to match prices(unlikely), TMob is gsm/switch sim....allowing bringing other models over, facilitating worldwide travel, etc.

Of course, in the unlikely event that truly unlimited gets rescinded...then someone else could be the choice.

Now you just have to ensure no TMob coverage issues in your neck of the woods + wherever you travel.

Upvote 0
T-Mobile now has truly unlimited - as in NO throttling or overcharges, ever - HSPA+ 4G at very good rates.

Good to know. Those must be brand new... I was arguing with TMO for like 6 hours a week ago before I decided to switch to Solavei and they never mentioned anything like that... they were saying they were doing me a favor by upgrading from 2GB to 5GB for free. I'm so glad I am done with those guys.

EDIT: Their non-contract plans are still limited, and their cheapest plan with unlimited is $89.99/mo (and no Tethering). Even if you can get the $10's off from calling and being angry, I'd still save an extra $20/mo sticking with Solavei's $49/mo, with Tethering, and up to 4GB of 4G (I use WiFi a lot, so I only use about 400MB/mo anyway)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones