• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Anker 2600mah battery bettery than stock?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
I go through my battery very fast and usually have my phone on charge through the day to keep it topped up.

I was thinking of getting a new 2600mah anker battery, i have always heard they are very good, plus it should be better than my current stock battery for the fact its had a lot of use and some cells are probably dead now over time.

But i was just wondering if the anker is actually better than the stock battery.

Has it been proven at all, or both with both being 2600mah, are they both exactly the same, so it wouldn't make a difference which i bought?

Thanks

James

If your current battery is bad you'll notice a difference. Otherwise one good 2600mAh battery is the same as any other good 2600mAh battery.

Three hints to keep the battery working as long as possible.

1) Condition any new battery. It can't hurt and, if the battery has been sitting on a shelf for months before you got it, it will give you longer life. Fully charge the battery before using it. ("Fully" mans the phone tells you to disconnect the charger.) Use the battery until the phone tells you to charge it. Plug in the charger and wait until the phone tells you to disconnect it. 3 cycles like that.

2) Try to recharge the battery when it hits 40% to 60%.

3) NEVER run the battery completely down (other than when conditioning it). Constantly squeezing the last bit out of it that you can will cut the life by half or more. (A decent battery should last 18-24 months. Constantly killing it can cut the life to 4-6 months.)

If you need more capacity than a 2600mAh battery can give you, carry a spare or two. It's not as if batteries cost what they used to - $90 and up for a 700mAh battery. You can get 2 Ankers and a charger for $27.

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm new here in the forum.

I was too searching for a backup battery for my Galaxy S4. Had to plug in most of the time because I'm on the phone a lot.

Found this replacement battery on Amazon.com, very similar to Anker by Noot. Gave it a shot since it's only $8.99, cheapest battery I found so far on the web. The reviews for the product seem okay but will post again once I test it.

Sincerely,

Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones