• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a music app that allows more than 300 albums?

Link28469

Lurker
Oct 14, 2013
Like I said, my music tastes mean that's unlikely.

They'll probably have all the alternative, dance, and movie soundtrack albums in my collection. That amounts to about a dozen albums out of 300. The rest comes from Squaresoft, Nintendo, or a variety of anime soundtracks. Not the best taste in music, I know, but it also means that the grand majority of my collection probably doesn't fall under Rhapsody's library.
You're taste is exactly the same as mine, and I have the same problem. I have found that Xing, Winamp, and Poweramp all have this limit. Does anyone know of an app without the 300 song limit? If I wanted a 3000 song limit, I could just listen to music on my 3DS...

Three years old, but you seriously lucked out in that my e-mail alert didn't sink out of sight on my inbox!

At this point, I've essentially just accepted Google Music on this, especially given that it automatically keeps local cache files for my music, so I can set tell it which albums/songs/playlists I want stored locally. I do the same thing on my iPhone (I own a lotta portable devices; my latest Android box is Nvidia's Shield), though if Google's upcomming iOS app for GM is up to snuff, I'll probably stop paying Apple the $25 a year.

In terms of a local PC music player that can scale to a lotta music, I just use iTunes (I have plenty of RAM, especially given how cheap it is nowadays)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones