• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a phone with the features I loved, but much more powerful?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
I am now using an LG V30, my faithful replacement for what I thought was the greatest phone for me ever, the Motorola Moto X Pure. If I had ever found a way to even hack at the hardware and just make it faster, I'd have never deviated from the Motorola Moto X pure.
Here's why:

Motorola Moto Voice had customizable commands for ANYTHING I wanted to do. Period.
Unlock Phone? Check
Take a picture? Check.
Read my messages? Check.
Play a youtube video? Check
Customizable security Password? Check.
Bluetooth remote shutter compatible? Check.

Why, you might ask, if it was so dammed great, did I give it up.
Speed and power. It started with 3 GB RAM, and some now-ancient specs: and started slowing down and I had to put her down. But it was a phone with all the features I want, just not the power and speed.

Motorola Moto X Pure ("Style" in the U.S.) Specs
OS Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), 6.0, upgradable to 7.0 (Nougat)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8992 Snapdragon 808 (20 nm)
CPU Hexa-core (4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A57)
GPU Adreno 418

Even the 21 MP camera worked better for my job at grabbing license pates at a distance, in the dark, than my newer LG V30. (I work security and make nightly patrols and take plate numbers of visiting cars in our facility)

So, is there a camera that can be operated totally hands free, all by voice command including the unlock command, all by voice, and all customizable that has at least 8GB RAM, a recent chipset, and a really good camera?
(Preferably some proprietary voice command program like Moto Voice. I Fu**ing HATE google for not letting me customize my commands, and making me say their cursed name anytime I want something)

Thanks for listening to my niche rant, about some old-ass phone

PM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones