• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IS there a way to assign a defferent dailer to the phone button

You can customize your phone all day long. Just have to download a different home program like ADW or Laucher pro.

Just cant change HTC Sense.

I knew that I could change them in those but wanted to change the BIG phone button on the Sense UI. Seems like it would be a good thing to be able to do without having to completely change the UI:(

Thanks for the response. ;)

Upvote 0
Looks like there is with Android 2.2 I have the app Dialer One installed. After upgrading to 2.2, I hit the PHONE button. It asked me what I wanted to use when I used the PHONE button - the stock dialer or Dialer One. I choose Dialer One and now when I hit the PHONE button, it uses Dialer One.

One problem though. I can find no way to reset the default back to the stock dialer. Not that I'd really want to, but it would be nice to know how.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones