• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to hide folders within Astro file manager?

D

Deleted User

Is there a way to hide folders within Astro (or android for that matter)? I have many folders on my SD card that I don't want to see (it clutters things up), so I would like to hide the folders from view. Does Astro do this or is there another file manager that can do it?

Download and install OI File Manager, free, from the Market.

Use it to navigate to the folder that contains the material you wish to hide and select Menu > Exclude from media scan.

Job done. Images will not show in Gallery and audio will not show in Music.

Hope this helps. :D

Thanks...but I am trying to hide folders from view...on my SD card, I have folders like: .android_secure, .data, LOST.DIR, etc...don't want to see these when i browse my SD card.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i wish Astro would have an option to allow me to arbitrarily hide and unhide files and folders from its own view. also a "unhide all" option to reset it if needed.

it would be useful to add an option in the long press menu, to hide individually the folders.

it's annoying to have multiple folders, from the system or created by applications, displayed in the explorer. It would be better to show only the folders we commonly use.

I want to hide folders automatically created by the system or by the applications.

I am trying to hide folders from view...on my SD card, I have folders like: .android_secure, .data, LOST.DIR, etc...don't want to see these when i browse my SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones