• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to remove bookmarks from the widget?

Kalle99

Feb 22, 2011
If one accesses "shortcuts" on the Galaxy S, one can select Bookmarks. This presents a screen with saved bookmarks and some that I think were pre-loaded. How does one delete/remove bookmarks from this screen? Pressing and holding the unwanted bookmark just drops the bookmark onto the home screen. There don't seem to be any options to remove unwanted ones.

The galaxy S Vibrant from T-Mobile that I have must work differently.
The only way to get to the bookmarks is via the shortcuts menu that appears when one does a long prass on the home page. Preseing on a bookmark places its icon on the home page. One can delete the icon, but there seems to be no way to get rid of the stored bookmark itself. Lots of prompts to add a bookmar, but none to delete any. It's not really a problem now, but over time I can forsee things getting a bit crowded if there's no way to remove the ones one doesn't need. Tried your suggestion. Fired up the browser and the held down on the bookmark, to no avail.
Sniff...!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones