• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there a way to update using FTM Mode?

DarKaoZ

Lurker
Sep 19, 2015
Hi,

I tried to root my ZTE Grand X Max + in Kitkat and while KingRoot managed to ROOT it, it keep closing the Launcher and I tried to install TWRP though File Explorer with the latest apps open menu, since I couldn't enter the home screen. While doing so, my phone rebooted and now i'm stuck in the ANDROID white screen. I can enter Recovery mode and I tried swiping the Cache and then the data, but Im still stuck in the Android White Screen.

Is there a way for me to update to Lollipop, even the official one, using FTM mode?

Hi,

I tried to root my ZTE Grand X Max + in Kitkat and while KingRoot managed to ROOT it, it keep closing the Launcher and I tried to install TWRP though File Explorer with the latest apps open menu, since I couldn't enter the home screen. While doing so, my phone rebooted and now i'm stuck in the ANDROID white screen. I can enter Recovery mode and I tried swiping the Cache and then the data, but Im still stuck in the Android White Screen.

Is there a way for me to update to Lollipop, even the official one, using FTM mode?
Are you saying that all you did was run kingroot and your phone still won't boot even after doing a factory reset? You can, as a last resort, download the official lollipop update, rename it to update.zip, put it on an SD card then put the card in your phone, and install it with the stock recovery. I recommend doing another factory reset first though to see if you can get it to boot before you resort to installing the official update. It sounds like not being rooted might annoy you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones