• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there an easier way to keep set up after flashing roms?

So i love flashing roms but the thing i hate the most is that all my text get deleted and then i have to redo my entire interface and it is terribly annoying. I was just wondering if there is an easier way to flash new roms without having to go through this mess all the time? Im trying to update from aokp build 27 to 28.

If you stay with AOKP then most of the time you can just wipe Cache and Dalvik and 'dirty flash' without a full wipe.
If a full wipe is required your texts can be backed up by using one of a couple different apps available or go sms has a backup feature as well I believe. There is also titanium backup which has the ability to backup and restore all data on downloaded apps. (Use with caution as some people experience issues with data restore and others don't. )

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
It should stay the same. Sometimes it doesn't but most of the time people haven't had any issues that I've seen. You can also subscribe to the thread [ROM][4.0.3] AOKP/B28/M4/Mods (3/21/12) which is kept up to date with updated and mods. Usually we can find out there if a 'dirty' wipe or full is needed when going from one build to another.
Always reflash gapps.

Reactions: quiklives
Upvote 0
I used to use titanium backup when I was changing roms on my old Droid. The nice thing about it is that you can choose what to backup. If its just texts you need to backup then its really easy to just backup and restore the data for one app. I was switching between different roms so I always did a full wipe and it was easier to let titanium restore 70 apps each time.

Also, most home screen replacements / launchers offer the ability to backup and restore which helps a ton.

Upvote 0
When I was using MiUI on other devices it had a wonderful backup that restored all the settings, data, etc.
Actually I flashed a new ROM every week very smoothly.

Titanium is maybe the most recommended app but has a different use: delete and restore apps in time (indispensable with smaller memory terminals)

I've seen now MyBackup Root Rerware; maybe I'll try for upgrading to 4.0.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones