Is there an incredible showstopperGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am getting ready to replace my curve with the incredible. I went to the store and played with it for about 30minutes and all I can say is awesome. However is there any one thing about it that would prevent someone from buying it, or is it an awesome phone with some minor flaws?

Advertisement
  2. WARRIIOR

WARRIIOR Well-Known Member

Battery life isn't great but this is a mini computer....you can get use to it.

3. jonny772

I cant really use it alot during the day at work anyway so it would be off quite a bit, or I could plug it it, so thats not so bad.

4. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

all i can say is this is the best phone i`ve ever used.
    the only thing spec wise is the htc evo...the iphone cant compete. its no phone out currently that will launch an app instantly and have a site like engadget.com up in about 10 seconds. i prefer to use it then my hp pavillion 64bit!
    i turn off "enable always on mobile" and my gps (i use the power settings widget for that, bluetooth and wifi). i use advanced task manager OCD like. just like my home computer i like NOTHING running. i want to just hop on and my systems work how they are designed. battery life is similar to my eris so i get about 9 hours with heavy use.
    not great...but for it, for the most part replacing my laptop its EXCELLENT!
    i keep a charger in my car and at home/work so its not a deal breaker. its just a powerful device, as powerful as a laptop plus having to be a phone.
    yesterday i found a police scanner app...seriously?:D
    its really solid for me cause i have a case/holster. it protects the screen also from falls that are face down; it has a lil lip on the case. $30 bucks at verizon :)

5. 0tter

0tter Active Member

For what the phone does the battery really isn't bad. It's strong enough to get through a full day of normal use (for most people.) Just get into the habit of charging the phone every night.

6. incrediblelover

incrediblelover New Member

I just got my Incredible yesterday and LOVE IT! Battery life isn't that great but it's expected with my nonstop use!

7. mzlou2

mzlou2 Active Member

This is my first android phone, and it's AWESOME. I came from a Palm Pre +, and although that phone was good, it doesn't even compare to this one. The Incredible is just soooo fast. And customizable. And although I've had it since Thursday, I feel like there's so much more to learn about it.

Battery is definitely a bit of a flaw, but it's such a powerful device that the mediocre battery life is kind of expected. I just made sure to buy extra chargers and keep them in my car, desk, etc. Definitely go for the phone - you won't be sorry!:D

8. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the extended battery. Both for the added juice and I actually want my Inc to be a little thicker and heavier. I'm used to my storms ergonomics.

9. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I came from a BlackBerry as well, and the only thing that really annoys me is the sound profiles, or lack thereof. It doesn't give you a lot of options in terms of vibration and variations. But I don't really consider that to be a deal breaker. I have one of my friends who owns a Curve convinced that she wants one now too, lol.

10. jonny772

well its on order right now, so who knows when I will get it.