• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an incredible showstopper

jonny772

Jan 20, 2010
So I am getting ready to replace my curve with the incredible. I went to the store and played with it for about 30minutes and all I can say is awesome. However is there any one thing about it that would prevent someone from buying it, or is it an awesome phone with some minor flaws?

all i can say is this is the best phone i`ve ever used.
the only thing spec wise is the htc evo...the iphone cant compete. its no phone out currently that will launch an app instantly and have a site like engadget.com up in about 10 seconds. i prefer to use it then my hp pavillion 64bit!
i turn off "enable always on mobile" and my gps (i use the power settings widget for that, bluetooth and wifi). i use advanced task manager OCD like. just like my home computer i like NOTHING running. i want to just hop on and my systems work how they are designed. battery life is similar to my eris so i get about 9 hours with heavy use.
not great...but for it, for the most part replacing my laptop its EXCELLENT!
i keep a charger in my car and at home/work so its not a deal breaker. its just a powerful device, as powerful as a laptop plus having to be a phone.
yesterday i found a police scanner app...seriously?:D
its really solid for me cause i have a case/holster. it protects the screen also from falls that are face down; it has a lil lip on the case. $30 bucks at verizon :)

Upvote 0
This is my first android phone, and it's AWESOME. I came from a Palm Pre +, and although that phone was good, it doesn't even compare to this one. The Incredible is just soooo fast. And customizable. And although I've had it since Thursday, I feel like there's so much more to learn about it.

Battery is definitely a bit of a flaw, but it's such a powerful device that the mediocre battery life is kind of expected. I just made sure to buy extra chargers and keep them in my car, desk, etc. Definitely go for the phone - you won't be sorry!:D

Upvote 0
So I am getting ready to replace my curve with the incredible. I went to the store and played with it for about 30minutes and all I can say is awesome. However is there any one thing about it that would prevent someone from buying it, or is it an awesome phone with some minor flaws?

I came from a BlackBerry as well, and the only thing that really annoys me is the sound profiles, or lack thereof. It doesn't give you a lot of options in terms of vibration and variations. But I don't really consider that to be a deal breaker. I have one of my friends who owns a Curve convinced that she wants one now too, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones