• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there anyway to turn on a Android remotely?

If it was possible the fallout would be monumental. Since it isn't this is a good reason to never power off the phone.

I was hoping Android Device Manager would report the last location when it was on. I just tried it for you on a phone that is powered off and it does not give the location.

I don't know if Verizon has the capability to power it on ... I assume they don't ... you might ask them.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Verizon was quit the experience. Called them a couple times last night (8:30pm, 10:30pm) asking if they could look into a couple different options for me and they were VERY uneducated on what to do.

On my third attempt (1:00am) I spoke to a lady that withing seconds told me how to track it. By that time, the phone was turned off. UGG

Verizon's education program for their technicians is despicable.

Needless to say they are unable to turn the phone on remotely.

Upvote 0
wol can be configured in android but yeah too hard in this case probobly haha... Try a "security" app that uses cell radio towers to send remote shell commands, you just type a keyword and send it as sms.

I remotely turn on my android with the screen off but it was a month long hack ^,^ and i doubt u have a mb860

I use wake on lan

Edit: haha nevermind your phone is off. My method is for waking up the kernel. Its a great way for me to run ssh server on phone and not wakelock the wifi and drain battery. Sorry my reply is useless

To turn on a phone that is fully OFF is very very close to impossible and you should definitly try every other option and then come back to this one and give up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones